Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When the store has your name on it, I will do what you want.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When the store has your name on it, I will do what you want.

There's this annoying old man who comes in every day and bitches about how something we do is illegal or against the law or just plain morally wrong. Usually he's full of shit, sometimes he's right, but I wish he would just understand that no matter what, we don't answer to him.

He was bitching one day because, as we'd just had a price change, I was ripping all the price tags off something and putting on new ones. He said that was illegal, because we had to sell the old ones at the price they came in on. He's probably full of shit, I honestly don't know he could be right, but what the hell does he think telling ME about is going to do? If he has a problem, he needs to call corporate; when they shoot me down an e-mail saying I can't do that anymore, then I'll stop, but until then, what the hell does he expect? The store doesn't say "Williams' Quikstop" out front, does it? Of course not, and he shouldn't think I'm going to run the store the way HE wants me to.

Asswipe.

I work in a BK, and I can tell you that we apparently serve kings, since they want to tell us how to do our job. Can't clean a damn window without one of these guys breathing on me, telling me I missed a spot. I feel your pain. All I can say, is thank Cthulhu that we're not Burger Princess, or else I'd kill myself. That or I'd be dancing around in a Tutu for a bunch of teenage idiots. I hate some of my customers.
    It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
    ~~~H.L. Mencken

Comment

Quoth DrFaroohk View Post
      He was bitching one day because, as we'd just had a price change, I was ripping all the price tags off something and putting on new ones. He said that was illegal, because we had to sell the old ones at the price they came in on.
      Yep, he's full of it. This is another customer making up laws as he wants them to be to suit his situation. Not that he ever had any intention of actually buying whatever it was you were repricing.

Your store can sell its merchandise for any price it wants and can change its price up or down as it sees fit to do. The only exception to that would be if the store tried to raise the price after a customer had agreed to pay the original amount.
      "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
      .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Quoth DrFaroohk
        He was bitching one day because, as we'd just had a price change, I was ripping all the price tags off something and putting on new ones. He said that was illegal, because we had to sell the old ones at the price they came in on.
        Well, by that logic, it'd be illegal to mark things down for clearance or have a sale, too...
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

There's a certain flavor of narcisism to these strange delusions our customers have, they see something that strikes them as wrong and somehow they convince themselves that there must be some manner of law or regulation about it. They've never seen it, nor have they talked to someone who knows about these things. Do they believe it?

I ask these people, does the state not want to encourage business? Why would anyone open a shop with all these ridiculous laws you claim are on the books?
          You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
            Well, by that logic, it'd be illegal to mark things down for clearance or have a sale, too...
            He didn't think that far.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
              He didn't think that far.
              they never do <sigh>
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Yeah, this guy has a million of them....so far...

...he has the right to loiter and harass customers, because its not in writing anywhere that he can't do that.

...he has the right to go through our paperwork to see how we are doing business.

...he has the right to be in restricted parts of the store since he's seen other people in there.

....he has the right to harass people for parking illegally in the handicapped space, since he has handicapped plates. (he's not handicapped)

...he has the right to know everyone's schedule.

...he also doesn't have to sign that little stamp we put on checks now (the ones that say "In the event my bank account has insufficient funds to this check, I authorize 30.00 dollars to be debited from my account as a collection fee") .

Yeah, because he has this hotshot lawyer who lives two hundred miles away and she verified all of it for him. Of course, he can NEVER remember her name when i ask him, but of course he'll go get her business card sometime...

Why don't we kick him out? Our company sucks and will side with him. No other customers want to take the time to file an incident report on him, and while it'd be relatively easy to call the police and have it taken care of, asshole knows where I live. Out of everyone there, he knows where only I live. Is my company going to pay for my new tires when he slashes mine? Are they going to pay to replace my windshield when he smashes it out? I don't think so.

Plus I don't feel particularly obligated to do ban a customer on behalf of the business, since they refused to do anything when I was being sexually harassed and stalked by this creepy old crazy lady at work. Of course if I was a woman and it was a creepy old MAN, well he'd be serving 15-20 right now and I'd have gotten a nice heft settlement from the company for my personal trauma...goddamn company.

Ok, done complaining....lol...

Comment

Uh.. you CAN get him ticketed,and even arrested (depends on the locality) for falsely using handicapped spaces, license plate or not. Ifyou call the cops, and he doesn't have appropriate proof, BAM!, and he can't get legal on you if you word the complaint correctly.

"Officer, there is a man parking a handicaped marked vehicle in our space, but he shows no signs of any handicap. Could you send someone over to investigate, he's a hostile person and we are afraid to question him."

Or

"Hey.. there's a guy who just literally skipped out of a handicapped space! He aint handicapped... Yeah the address is.. Name.. ? ZORRO!!" *click*

Comment

Quoth DrFaroohk View Post
                    Why don't we kick him out? Our company sucks and will side with him. No other customers want to take the time to file an incident report on him, and while it'd be relatively easy to call the police and have it taken care of, asshole knows where I live.
                    Lovely. Juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust lovely.

:comforting pats: there, there™®
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                    X