This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Aldous View Post
    480 cans. I can go through that in an upwards of a week if I try. I know it's not healthy, but frankly, I don't care. I figure I'm here, and I'm gonna have some fun. 480 cans would make a nice pyramid though. *Note to self, buy large amounts of cans while on sale, poison self with sugar, create giant can pyramid*
    OT, but please take care of yourself. My boyfriend spent years doing far less than this and is facing a status of pre-diabetic. Don't want to see you sufferin'

Comment

Back to school, ugh I'm glad I bought all my books before every other student starts running around like headless chickens in the bookstores.
      The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

on the large amount of soda front- my dad will by a larde ammount of soda (maybe 12-20 12 packs) and stock up for the month...
        my mom is starting her first really teaching job, so we been scoring stores for the deals and buying up to the limit at different stores. so weve bought about 50 notebooks and god only knows how manu folders

Comment

Quoth Pezzle View Post
          OT, but please take care of yourself. My boyfriend spent years doing far less than this and is facing a status of pre-diabetic. Don't want to see you sufferin'
          Wanna know the Irony? I'm Hypoglycemic. Badly. My body can't keep the sugar, no matter how much I have, I never have enough. I have Hypoglycemic shock every once in awhile, no matter what I eat or drink. It's pretty good to be able to eat sugar like I'm never gonna see it again. But if I lose sugar, I get dizzy, covered in icy sweat, lose my sight (temporarily) become disoriented, and eventually pass out. Not fun.
          It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
          ~~~H.L. Mencken

Comment

Back on topic, we get at least one post of this nature every year around this time, and I am always horrified that teachers are expected to go to the shops and buy supplies for their classrooms themselves. There's no excuse for rude behaviour, but I can sort of understand why they are ratty. Do the sports teachers have to go and buy sports equipment out of their own pockets?
            A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
            - Dave Barry

Comment

Quoth Shironu-Akaineko View Post
              Unless you teach 867-located kids, you're not "bettering the future of tomorrow's kids" with a freakin' 24 packs of bleeping Crayolas, okay?
              You never drew pictures in infant (elementary) school? From what I remember crayons were pretty much a staple.

Of course whatever her job, it doesn't entitle her to be such a bitch.
              "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth Barefootgirl View Post
                Back on topic, we get at least one post of this nature every year around this time, and I am always horrified that teachers are expected to go to the shops and buy supplies for their classrooms themselves.
                Me too! I didn't know how common this was until I started reading about it here.

Thank heavens that there are teachers out there that will take care of these things for the sake of their students.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth Aldous View Post
                  Wanna know the Irony? I'm Hypoglycemic. Badly. My body can't keep the sugar, no matter how much I have, I never have enough. I have Hypoglycemic shock every once in awhile, no matter what I eat or drink. It's pretty good to be able to eat sugar like I'm never gonna see it again. But if I lose sugar, I get dizzy, covered in icy sweat, lose my sight (temporarily) become disoriented, and eventually pass out. Not fun.
                  If you consume sugar or simple carbohydrates (white bread, potatoes, etc) you will raise your insulin level. Insulin binds to insulin receptors and causes sugars to enter the cells. If you have certain disorders of insulin receptors, you will have high insulin long enough to get hypoglycemia. You should be eating very frequent snacks of high-protein foods, such as nuts or jerky or hardboiled eggs, smoked fish, etc. Carbs should be complex carbs such as whole-grain breads, brown rice, etc. If you are prone to hypoglycemia, consuming lots of sugar/carbs puts you in the vicious cycle that you describe. If your employer lets you drink soda but not eat food except on break, get a note from your doctor to allow you to eat frequently. Don't drink soda, drink water.

Hope you can forgive the unsolicited advice.
                  Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
                  TASTE THE LIME JELLO OF DEFEAT! -Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Aldous View Post

Thou shalt snort more pixie sticks!

Comment

Quoth Barefootgirl View Post
                      Do the sports teachers have to go and buy sports equipment out of their own pockets?
                      No, because the difference between a happy town and one where half the town commits suicide yearly is whether the team is winning. Exagerating maybe, joking no. Try to get money so kids can have NEW books and no one will show except maybe a couple moms. Ask for money for sports, and EVERYONE shows up.

Comment

Quoth Pezzle View Post
                        Thou shalt snort more pixie sticks!
                        Hehe, that's how my boyfriend managed to hook up with one of his exes.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
                          You never drew pictures in infant (elementary) school? From what I remember crayons were pretty much a staple.
                          A) Revelia Castle, DeviantArt, Comicspace

Now ask me again if I drew pictures in kindergarten.

B) My point was that she used rather grandiose terms for describing crayons. I'm pretty sure lil Timmy isn't going to ruin his life in drugs and whores if one day in kindergarden they ran out of Sunflower Yellow.
                          Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Quoth Shironu-Akaineko View Post
                            B) My point was that she used rather grandiose terms for describing crayons. I'm pretty sure lil Timmy isn't going to ruin his life in drugs and whores if one day in kindergarden they ran out of Sunflower Yellow.
                            No, but by encouraging him to draw she might just better his future a little bit.

But, as I said, its no excuse for her to be a PITA.
                            "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
                              No, but by encouraging him to draw she might just better his future a little bit.

But, as I said, its no excuse for her to be a PITA.
                              Sweety, with the 'ttude she displayed, you think she's gonna be really sweet with her students?

"you call that a tree you idiot?"

I WISH I was kidding. I had really mentally unstable teachers as a kid. I went to school like a year after they took the robes off of the nuns.

They were insane, abusive ladies.
                              Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                                You can buy up to the limit and get the sale price; if you buy an more than that you are charged a higher price for each one over the limit.
                                And that is how it should be.
                                Unseen but seeing
                                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                                3rd shift needs love, too
                                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                                X