Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm trapped in a never-ending nightmare of stink and gropage!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm trapped in a never-ending nightmare of stink and gropage!

Warning: disturbing and ranty...

How cheap can you be

Older woman came up with reduced bakery items. She complained that the coffee cake was expired today and that it should be cheaper. I looked at it, and it was already marked down to half price. I told her this, but that wasn't good enough for her. She wanted me to take another dollar off. I told her I don't have the authority to mark anything down, she'd need to talk to the SM or the bakery manager. She decided she didn't want the coffee cake - big surprise.

After, I took it, and a few other leftovers, to customer service, and SM happened to be there. I told him what she'd said, so he went over to the bakery, and sure enough she was there, hassling the counter girl. He came back to my till to let me know how things went with the old bag. She bitched at him that the reduced stuff wasn't cheap enough. (All of it was at least half price, some even cheaper). He told her the bakery manager can mark items down to whatever price she sees fit, the store doesn't have to mark anything down at all - we can give it to the food bank or throw it out, and finally that nobody was forcing her to buy any of it if she though it was 'too expensive'.

SM totally rocked on that one!!!

Stink, stank, stunk

Guy in mid 50s. While I was still serving the customer in front of him, I could smell a horrible stench that made my eyes water. She looked at him and gave me a look of 'poor you' as she left. Thankfully he only had a small order or I would've left the till and called management to cash him through. Maybe I should have, anyway.

His face, hands and clothes were dirty and he smelled like he hadn't bathed, or changed clothes or underwear for months. I'll try to give you a description cuz I know you want to know how bad it was! Think of this: stale sour sweat, feet and body odour, urine, and something that was like old nasty sperm/sex - it made me think he's been masturbating in his pants and never changing them. I cringed at the thought of taking his money. I put it in a little bag and put it under my cash drawer! Then I sanitized everything to get rid of the smell. Gah!!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------

Grabbed again, dammit! or, I know I'm hot, but try to control yourself! (ranty)

It was dead, so I went out in front of my till to straighten up the baskets and stuff. As I was partiallly bent over, I felt someone smack me on the ass. I turned around and it was a woman in her early 60s!!! I was so speechless for a few seconds that all I could do was glare at her.

She had a loaf of bread and plopped that down on my counter. I was going to refuse to serve her, but decided I had the chance to 'educate' her. I told her that since she wasn't my family, friend, or fiance, she had no right to smack my behind or touch me at all without my permission. Her response was that she 'couldn't resist'. I told her that legally I could have her charged with assault for what she'd just done. She then told me she'd never do it again, and I replied, "That's right, you won't."

That's about as nasty as I can be, because (un)fortunately, my Mom taught me manners when I was a little girl. But...

Things I wish I'd said/done:

Called management over, told them what she'd done and told them I want to press assault charges.

When she said she couldn't resist, ask her how she'd like it if I 'couldn't resist' slapping her across the face in return.

Told her that 'smacking the cashier's ass' will cost her $100, so her bill was really going to be expensive, and that if she felt like feeling something, to feel her bread instead, it'd cost her less in the long run.

Told her I'm not into women and to keep her hands to herself unless she wants to be charged for sexual assault.

Just started screaming and freaking out on her, so the whole store knew what she did.

Yeah, I'm still totally infuriated over this! I feel like I'm not even a human being to some of the nasty-old-people-losers that shop in my store. What makes them think that because I work in a grocery store that I'm part of the merchandise and can be pinched, smacked, grabbed or whatever??? Are they so completely lacking in manners and sense that they'd do that to just anyone, anywhere? Grrrr! Why are they so friggin' grabby this summer? Is the heat frying what's left of their demented minds? I am so sick of idiots touching me and getting in my private space!!!

/rant, not that I really feel much better for letting it all out! But, I am glad CS is here so I can let it out!
    It's like I'm wearing Eau de Moron and all of the idiots and assholes are attracted to me... -JuniorMintz

IF that were me I would have punched her by instinct BUT that's me....lol. SERIOUSLY...nobody has the right to touch you in any way if you don't want them to even if they "couldn't resist". Nowadays that's considered assault.

Comment

Kill the gropers/grabbies. I would. **

** = Disclaimer: I do not seriously advocate violence as a problem-solving method. However, I am in no way responsible for any actions readers may decide to take after having read this post.
      ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

'When she said she couldn't resist, ask her how she'd like it if I 'couldn't resist' slapping her across the face in return.'

That's hilarious! Made me laugh out loud!
        'Our brightest days are yet to shine'
        'You see the depths of my heart, and You love me the same'

Comment

Retail uniforms must let out some sort of "touch me inappropriately" aura.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Amethyst Hunter View Post
            ** = Disclaimer: I do not seriously advocate violence as a problem-solving method. However, I am in no way responsible for any actions readers may decide to take after having read this post.
            But it's fun!

*looks for a cross between a sledgehammer and a clawhammer*
            Linux user (Debian and Kubuntu)
            Programmer in C and perl!

I'm "only" 16 but do NOT try and outskill me with machines

Comment

I have a good one, about a year ago my middle daughter started working as a server at a Hootersesqe type of redneck fern bar. Their uniform is a halter top, daisy dukes, boots, cowboy hat and appropriate under garments. Her second week there just as she finished setting a few pitchers of beer on a table someone grabbed a whole handful of her hindend. She said she spun around and proceeded to beat the heck out of the person. After the 5th or 6th whack with her serving tray she realized it was her uncle (my youngest brother) that just returned from Iraq. I'm not sure what his injuries were but his buddies gave him hell for being beat up by a girl less than half his size and they presented him at formation with some sort of home made purple heart medal. DD told me later that everytime she went by his table she kicked him in the shins.
              Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

WTF? a 60 year old woman?!?!!!

that sucks, I'm very sorry and I always do those "if i could do it over again, I would've..."

Comment

Wow, her uncle grabbing her behind!

That MUST be a redneck bar!
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth solemnwarning View Post
                    But it's fun!

I believe you're thinking of a Maul... a large, sledgehammer-like object where one of the striking faces comes to a sharp point.

Yes, it's an actual implement, and it's use as a weapon in the ancient world was how the term "mauled" came to mean getting royally mangled.
                    Last edited by JustADude; 08-11-2007, 05:45 AM.
                    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth solemnwarning View Post
                      But it's fun!

Try a maul.... Good for cuttuing wood. Yeah, that's it.

Hehe, I said wood on a sexual harrassment thread....

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                        Wow, her uncle grabbing her behind!

That MUST be a redneck bar!
                        Can it get any redder? Holy biscuit.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                          Can it get any redder? Holy biscuit.
                          Why yes it is a red neck bar. I don't remember the name of the place for sure but I think it's Electric Cowboy. Brother had been back from Iraq 4 or 5 days and hadn't seen DD yet. He figured he'd try to get a rise out of her which he did. Considering she has her black belt he's lucky he got whacked with the tray instead of worse.
                          Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Working...
                          X