Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude! You need to post that @#$%er on youtube. Seriously! Give that dimbulb her 15 minutes of shame.

M
    I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Its not blue now

This is just classic, it will keep a smile on my face today.
      We should make a sitcom about this...
      ...but I'm a bastard and so desensitized to the scum of humanity that I'm immune to the Stun status effect.
      Quoth Gravekeeper

Comment

We have customers who try to install new ink cartridges into their printers without removing that protective strip of plastic. Then, of course, they call or come back to complain. When we explain that they have to remove the plastic, we'll sometimes get responses like, "How was I supposed to know that? I don't understand all this technical stuff!" Granted, technology can be confusing, but what's so difficult about a strip of tape that actually has "Remove before use" written on it?
        I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
        - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
        - IPF

Comment

What a shame. I wish they did make blue microwaves, because I'd totally buy one.

Comment

I'd like a pink one please.

Comment

They do make colored microwaves. In college, we had a blue one, then a red one. Of course, they're kind of cheap looking and made of plastic, but still. Pretty colors.
              "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Back in the 80s (I am sooooooooo old), I was working in Housewares for a now-defunct department store. Food processors were just becoming popular, and everybody was buying Cuisinart.

We had so many customers trying to return them because they wouldn't work. We would pull the processor out of the box, plug it in under the counter, assemble it, and then turn it on. It always worked perfectly.

The problem? You had to turn the top until it locked into place. It was a safety feature. Customers would only turn it until it gave some resistance, so it wouldn't turn on. See, customers have never read the instructions to anything, despite it being a big, expensive item, with incredibly sharp blades that spin at the speed of sound.

In fact, that was how I got one of my own at a discount. The customer was so embarrassed when they found out how stupid they had been, that they still returned it (we always took stuff back), but we couldn't resell a food preparation device. Rather than take the write-off, my manager sold it to me at cost. It still works.
                Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                HR believes the first person in the door
                Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                Document everything
                CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

I actually had this microwave in my room when I was about 15.... great for late night popcorn without heading to the kitchen.

If today is an indication of the rest of the week, I'm going to need to start drinking. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

Sigh, I think I actually hate more checking something out, finding nothing wrong, and then having to say "There doesn't seem to be anything wrong..."

It is almost easier if the damn made to be obsolete POS cut rate junk the SC took forever to choose actually is broken than try and explain every little detail so the owner might possibly rejoin reality enough to operate it. Or at least glance at the manual before using it to prop a couch.

I sold a cordless phone with digital answering machine today. I'm sure it will be back; she didn't want to have to wait for the battery to charge. But she only bought the phone because she didn't want to spend $15 on a new battery for her ancient cordless handset which, shockingly, would also need to charge.
                    "There are times in your life when you'll have to eat crow. Actually, you don't have to eat it-just hold it in your mouth long enough until nobody's watching, and then spit it out."

Comment

Quoth Crawley View Post
                      I actually had this microwave in my room when I was about 15

I remember those . . . we had those one Christmas back at the ol' WD . . . and one of those actually walked out the front door (with help of course.)

Right now, I have a red Farberware microwave in my kitchen. Not sure what I'll put in the office yet, but I'm considering a microwave in there.

I mean, I can't have a coffeepot in there all alone . . .
                      Last edited by Ree; 04-19-2007, 08:54 PM.
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I have had a few "blue" microwaves come to my return desk. The blue microwave people probably hang out with the people who return digital cameras because they don't stay on (get the right batteries, sillies), and the ones who have been returning a music DVD because it doesn't play in their CD player *headdesk*

Comment

Quoth FenigDurak View Post
                          I'd like a pink one please.
                          Pink? No problem!

[pink microwave]

In fact, you can pink your whole home!

[pink fridge], [pink oven], [pink toaster], [pink mixer], [pink kettle], [pink mini vaccum], and [pink radio].

Of course, all of this is to go into your pimped out pink kitchen!

Frighteningly enough, I would actually buy that fridge... I want appliances in the sort of fuschia that causes eyes to bleed at 20 paces.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Sniff Sniff...What smells like blue?
                            "If all else fails...blame the dog"

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                              Maybe you can check around on places like YouTube.com to see if it's on there anywhere, because I'd LOVE to see it, too!!!!!!
                              I'm totally agreeing!

We READ about customers flipping out.

Rarely do we get to see them flip out (without being on the recieving end of the abuse)!!!
                              Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

I had to join just to post this one.

I worked in Radio Shack in Canada during the 2000/2001 christmas season. First job, wasn't the greatest, but I did what I could...

Anyhow, the one moment that stuck out in my mind the very most, was right near the beginning of December. A big, overmuscled, I-am-beautiful-so-worship-me moron shows up, tosses a rather mangled, overstuffed, bloated-looking box on the counter, and demands a refund. No explination of anything, I'm sure he expected I just hand him cash and he'd walk away. I don't think he even had the reciept, now that I try to remember.

So I eventually get out of him that he bought a very expensive, very flashy remote control for his entire entertainment system. A fancy one that had a PDA-style touch screen, and said touch-screen 'Don't work for crap.' And yes, he put batteries in, don't call me an idiot, see they're right...

So he's pulling the thing out of the box, and I see right away what the problem is.

While he's fiddling with the catch on the back of the thing, I reach out and wordlessly peel the still factory-applied heavy plastic protective sheet off the screen.

'Is there anything else I can help you with today?'

Comment

Working...
                                X