This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Bible verse to deal with SCs

1 Samuel 21:14-15 from King Achish-who I see may have worked retail....on being confronted by David having a tantrum..
    'Why is this man here?Did you think I have a need of an idiot? And if I did have need of an idiot,did you not think I could find one for myself?So why have you brought him here to rant and rave and act like a lunatic?Shall he come into my house like that...?'

2000 years later and precious little has changed.....
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Here's an "outside the box" idea...of course it could really backfire, too...

But what if retail establishments put a placard with "The Golden Rule" (however you want to word it, Biblically or not) throughout retail establishments and at every register?

Or maybe signs that say things like, "Would you violate policy for someone at your job?" and/or "Would you do something illegal for someone at your job?"
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Get thee behind me Satan...
      Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

mjr, great idea. And I love that verse. Yes, nothing has changed in thousands of years.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
          Yes, nothing has changed in thousands of years.
          This is very true. Here's one from roughly 1750 BCE -- carved in stone.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Thou shalt not... uh... (throws rock at customer)
            Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Comment

Working...
            X