Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to find an OB. My period is excruciatingly painful, and I have problems with bowel and bladder a few days before it actually starts that disappear when the period does.

Unfortunately, my health insurance with the CC lapses on the 31st, and while my new insurance technically started the day I started the new job (we're union), I won't get my card until October. I don't want to rack up any more bills, so I'm trying to wait it out.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
      I need to find an OB. My period is excruciatingly painful, and I have problems with bowel and bladder a few days before it actually starts that disappear when the period does.

Unfortunately, my health insurance with the CC lapses on the 31st, and while my new insurance technically started the day I started the new job (we're union), I won't get my card until October. I don't want to rack up any more bills, so I'm trying to wait it out.
      Can you print a temporary card from the insurance company's website? I know I can print them from the websites for my health insurance, dental insurance and optical insurance (3 different companies).

Comment

Just curious if anyone else has ever had morning sickness while on the pill?

I tried maybe 6 different ones in 10 years, from all different types/doses, and they all maybe me feel sick every morning. It never got to the point of throwing up but when it added to the motion sick I get on a train or bus, it made mornings really effing suck. My doc, and the three others that share the clinic, has not heard of anyone having ongoing nausea after the first 2 months of settling into a new pill.

Mine's mostly regular now and not quite as painful now I'm on pharmacy grade iron tablets. But I would love it to bugger off and am worried that implant birth control will make the nausea worse or permanent.
        A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          I used to find that walking helped; for some people, it works to ease the cramps.
          Yeah, that helped me too. I took a painkiller (ibuprofen mostly) and then kept moving around. It felt like I was walking with my handbrake engaged, but the cramps were better.
          Still, I was so happy after my endometrial ablation. No more bleeding, no more cramps when a clot came loose. I had that done 10 years ago, now I'm right into "The Change", I think the worst is over, at least I sleep better now.
          No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

I spoke with a Gyno years ago and he said it was fine to take the pill continuously to skip my period so I've been doing that for the last five years only having a period every 3 months or so.

Decided to get my tubes tied and found out that I had a 9cm fibroid and a 10cm cyst on my ovary so to see how bad the fibroid is my new Gyno asked me to go off the pill for three months....

Worst three months of my life!!

The cramping, the clots, I was going thru a super tampon and super pad every hour. So after a conversation with my new new Gyno (second one wanted to take my ovary) I have decided to have a hysterectomy.

In 8 weeks I will be uterus free, baby bump free (turns out my uterus was the size of being 4 months pregnant; no wonder my hard working abs weren't showing thru) plus fat tummy free - I'm getting a tummy tuck done at the same time, multi tasking at its best. I can't wait for the surgery and I'm so glad my husband was a wimp and wouldn't get the snip.

Comment

I'm on the Depo shot and have been for over 6 months. It's lovely, you get a jab every 3 months and I haven't had a period since. Oh there was some mild spotting for a day or two, but no cramps or anything like that. But obviously check with your GYN if it's the right one for you.
              The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

I'm on the Mirena, and it's been a blessing for killing my period. 7 days long with 4 being heavy.. down to a one day light wonder. I still want a partial hysto though. I'll be 40 very soon and am very much done having kids.

Was once asked if there was a history of uterine cancer in the family. Dunno. We usually have hysterectomies by the age of 42 due to uterine collapse. Both sides of the family.
                If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Working...
                X