This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Trust Local Hospital?

Okay, so this all started today when I asked my boss/friend if I could take some time off to see the doctors because I haven't been feeling well, and I also think I have another ovarian cyst (I am 24, and have been on the depo shot for two years, but cysts for me are still common). She asked me why I just didn't go to the hospital.

Because I can't trust them anymore.

The last time I went, my heart was pounding really fast and I was dizzy at work. By the time I got to the hospital, everything was apparently fine, and I was simply told I was paranoid, because it wasn't the first time I went in with heart problems and everything was 'normal' It turns out my ADHD meds were causing tachycardia.

The two times before that, I was having some serious pain around my right ovary, where I normally get my cysts. Normally I do set up an appointment with my gyno, but these two times happened to be when they were closed, therefore I could not call them. Both times the doctors looked for appendicitis, and did an xray, but since they found nothing sent me home. The first time I was out of work for two days, the second time I was out for a week and a half, even after seeing my gyno two days later who confirmed I did have a cyst.

Quoth fromthevalley View Post
    She asked me why I just didn't go to the hospital.
    well, you could explain that the hospital doesn't have access to your medical history, barring that, I personally only go to the ER by military rules : ER is ONLY for if you're in danger of losing life, limb, eyesight, or hearing, anything else can probably wait until an urgent care opens.
    Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Both my girlfriend and I have agreed that if we need hospital care, the first question we're asking to the paramedics is "Will he/she live long enough to get to <Major Hospital an hour away>?" If yes, we're going there. There's a hospital in our city, about 15 minutes away, but the number of times they've screwed up on minor and moderate issues, neither of us trusts them to feel comfortable about them operating on us.

Comment

Working...
      X