Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I set a new bar yesterday. I was at the dentist... who said "Turn your head left* Now.. I know my left from my right.. so of course.. I turned my head right.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth drunkenwildmage View Post
      Recently, I was looking for my phone. Picked up my phone, and kept looking for it.
      I was ON my phone, talking to a friend, while *looking* for my phone.

Comment

So last night I go to brush my teeth before going to bed. I turn on the water, and am momentarily surprised when the light doesn't come on...
        You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

I've adjusted my glasses/pushed them up before, as well...when I wasn't wearing them. Especially egregious because I, too, fall into the "can't see six inches without them" camp.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
            I've adjusted my glasses/pushed them up before, as well...when I wasn't wearing them. Especially egregious because I, too, fall into the "can't see six inches without them" camp.
            Same here. Got me a few odd looks during my couple of tries with contacts (gave up. They get dried out too fast).
            "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

I also locked my keys in the car while it was running once, and looked all over the room for my reading glasses while they were on top of my head. So I'll tell this story...

I was driving around with a friend, and had to stop at an ATM for money. I pulled into the drive-thru, and the ATM was on the opposite side. You'd think I'd realize I did something wrong, but no. I started ranting about "why would they put the machine on the passenger side???" At that point, my passenger informed me that I had pulled in from the wrong direction.
              Sometimes life is altered.
              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
              Uneasy with confrontation.
              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Went to visit friends in Canada (Yes,Emily,I know I've told this story 20 times before,so if you're lurking here,just think calm blue ocean for the next minute)...
                They took me out shopping.I went out to the car,hopped in and then realized there was a large steering wheel sitting in front of me that wasn't where it should be...
                The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

I may have told this story here before, but once upon a time I visited some friends in the UK. We took the tube out to the suburbs from their flat to another friend's flat, and had dinner and maybe more than a couple of drinks with her.

The tube was closed by the time we were done drinking, I mean with dinner, so we got a cab back. My two friends sat in the back, and I sat up front with the cabbie. It kept freaking me out to be quite under the influence, in the left-front seat of the car, with no steering wheel in front of me. The cabbie and I had a few laughs about that. (I think my friends in the back were snogging...)
                  “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                  One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                  The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Try driving to a con with a friend in the seat next to you, listening to music through your phone, using your phone as a GPS so the map is right in front of your face, then suddenly panicking and declaring you need to turn back (when you're already two hours out) because you forgot your phone.

Comment

Oh, another good one! That same trip, I was walking down the street in Paris. A class full of small French school-kids went by, looking just like they were out of the Madeline books. They were all chattering away in French, and my first thought was "Wow, those kids have learned French at a very young age!"

My next thought was, "Yes, because they are French..."
                      “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                      One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                      The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Working...
                      X