This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OH MY GOD ...

Just got an email from my brother who said the estate people want to put the house on the market NOW.

Last I heard he didn't think he would bother putting it on the market as we got close to Christmas, so I thought I had until the new year to find a place and get out.

Now I don't know what the fuck to do. I have no apartment and while I have removed some of my stuff from the house I'm nowhere near having all of it out.

He just responded to a text; we will talk later tonight.

Part of the reason I haven't really been looking is that I do NOT have first and last. He said the estate people could get me that money ... but how long will it take? No landlord will wait a week or two for the cash to show up.

Also, my credit right now is BAD because I let my student loan deferment lapse. I'm trying to get it back, but the process is a major PITA. It wasn't too bad with the deferment in place.

Not to mention I'm trying to juggle two jobs which is not leaving me much time for anything else.

I am pretty much freaking right now. I can't see any way I can be out of the house this month.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Forgive me, I don't really know how this works; but wouldn't the estate people work for you? Can they really tell you what to do?
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

I was under the impression it was my brother telling me this ... not the estate people, because you are correct, they cannot tell somebody when they have to vacate a house.

I had a chat with brother and I do have the two months after all. It's still gonna be rather tough but it's doable. Getting out by the end of November absolutely was not.
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

At least when the house is sold (you're an heir, right?), you'll have some cash to help remedy your financial situation.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

THAT is true. I haven't decided which comes first: my dental work ... or my cat's.

Canada has a lovely universal medical coverage, but unfortunately it doesn't include anything dental.
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Same in the US on dental. I asked a dentist friend about that, and he said it dates waaaaay back, and is because the dentists' unions/major groups want it that way.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Interesting! I don't know if that's the same here. I'm not sure how it helps; the end result is that people just don't go ... or they wait until the only real option is an extraction, rather than the probably longer (and more expensive) process of correction.
              ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Huh. I have a really good dental plan and it costs next to nothing. But I think I just got lucky with my job benefits. I definitely spend the money everyone else with healthy mouths are paying on their premiums.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Yeah, the only way to get dental coverage here is to have it in a job benefits plan. The Mothership offers dental benefits ... but you can only sign up for their benefits once a year. In August. So I've got quite the wait until I can put my name in. Seriously hoping not to be there anymore by then.
                  ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
                    Yeah, the only way to get dental coverage here is to have it in a job benefits plan. The Mothership offers dental benefits ... but you can only sign up for their benefits once a year. In August. So I've got quite the wait until I can put my name in. Seriously hoping not to be there anymore by then.
                    We had dental benefits but they were through Great West Life. I don't know if anyone else here has had the joy of dealing with GWF but filing a claim with them is an uphill battle. They cover the minor automatic stuff but the moment they sensed your health was slipping they would stonewall the absolute shit out of you. Then make you fight them for years if need be hoping to make you go away.

Basically they just reject things automatically on the first filing hoping it's too much trouble for you to appeal. Once my medical records started looking like I was having trouble they ejected me so fast it wasn't even funny. Denied all my claims on paperwork technicalities until my health prevented me from working. Then cancelled my coverage for not working. Even though I was still paying the premiums.

My aunt needed them to cover a shoulder surgery from an on the job injury and she had to fight them for 7 years before they conceded and paid out.

But anyway, yeah, dental in Canada <cough>. The only upside is I can deduct all my dental against my income tax. I ended up needing a lot of work after I left work because their dental coverage kind of sucked, it was hard for me to function outside of night time hours and, oh, the whole years of undiagnosed depression and anxiety thing.

Fun times!

What were talking about again?

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                      Same in the US on dental. I asked a dentist friend about that, and he said it dates waaaaay back, and is because the dentists' unions/major groups want it that way.
                      WHAT dentists' unions? I've never heard of any. Most doctors in my area are not members of ANY union, as most work for themselves or in partnership with another dentist; and others work for HMO's but not as members of a union. I blame this squarely on the health insurance industry, which is out of control in the US.
                      Last edited by MoonCat; 11-11-2017, 01:23 AM.
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                        WHAT dentists' unions? ...
                        *They* (and doctors and morticians and etc.) call them "Professional Associations".
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

MC - His term, not mine dale summed it up nicely
                          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Just got an email from my brother saying I must be out of the house by March 1.

Fuck me sideways.

I was hoping to have until the end of March.

This is gonna be ugly.
                            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Did he say WHY? Maybe it's something that could be negotiated?
                              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                              X