This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
    I once visited a house where the living room was designed mainly for the cats; climbable shelving, ramps and perches/toys everywhere. One of them loved nothing better than to ambush the silly humans...nobody ever expects a cat to come from above
    I've seen that! If I win the lottery, that's what I would do!

The only problem with your suggestion, Kittish, is that my apartment is really REALLY small. Putting up shelves like that would shrink all the rooms even further.

He hops up on various pieces of furniture (so he can look outside) and he will get a nice "kitty tree" soon (regardless of my pending unemployment) so hopefully that will be enough ... he's already found his way to not only the top of the fridge but the space above the cupboards ... and INSIDE the cupboards. The latter is really Not A Good Thing, since there's breakables in there ...
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
      I've seen that! If I win the lottery, that's what I would do!

The only problem with your suggestion, Kittish, is that my apartment is really REALLY small. Putting up shelves like that would shrink all the rooms even further.

He hops up on various pieces of furniture (so he can look outside) and he will get a nice "kitty tree" soon (regardless of my pending unemployment) so hopefully that will be enough ... he's already found his way to not only the top of the fridge but the space above the cupboards ... and INSIDE the cupboards. The latter is really Not A Good Thing, since there's breakables in there ...
      Child locks on the cabinets. That's what I've had to do, Mister Kitteh likes to go exploring as well. I left a couple of cabinets accessible to him (that don't have anything particularly fragile or edible-seeming in them). I was talking more about up near the ceiling, or at the very least above head height with most of the shelves. That way, you shouldn't notice the loss of space so much. And cat shelves only need to be 8 inches or so wide, so they won't stick out impossibly far.
      You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
        just be aware that depending on the cat, they might not use the kitty tree. Oh, and if you don't shut your bedroom door at night, the cat will wake you up at some point. (once my parents discovered they had left their bedroom door open by one of our cats pouncing on them to wake them up.)

Comment

But...when its time to wake the humans nothing works quite as well as leaping claws first from the window onto their sleeping head....
          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Having one's ears bitten works too

I have one, Baxter, who wants to be fed early in the morning on weekends. I can always tell when he's in my bed. I'll feel whiskers on my face, usually followed by licking, and then teeth chomping in my ears!
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

.....and then you hear the cat is actually in the next room ��
              The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Who let the cat out, and the Kit in???
                “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Well there's nothing like being woken up in the morning by a nice warm pussy in your bed... ��What?Don't look at me like that��

Comment

Working...
                  X