This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Talon View Post
    That reminds me of a meeting from my old company where they were talking about dress codes. They didn't have a formal dress code, but they were asking people to exercise some discretion.
    The government agency I used to work for tried to institute a formal dress code back in the late 1980s. They wanted to require all the men to wear coats and ties. The male employees complained that such a dress code constituted sexual discrimination because they weren't also requiring the women to wear coats and ties. That dress code never happened.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Even if you were on duty, what kind of psychotic would actually -care- about 'scruffy'?

Comment

You mean you have a life outside of work and actually change your clothes after you finish work to go to the gym?!?!

Don't you realise you should have been wearing your work clothes to the gym?

Reminds me of when I worked for a travel company and the tour leader would do the inca trail with their tour group, and on the inca trail, there is no shower until the 3rd day, but some guy wrote in a complaint saying that his tour leader was scruffy and dirty, had unbrushed hair and looked messy at the end of the 4 day trek.... (what did he look like after a 4 day trek? A supermodel in a photography studio???)

Comment

Working...
        X