Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's that time again--F*ck you Mother Nature!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, remember my post, just a few ago, about how nice it was outside? I'm trying to get myself up for that walk, again, today. The problem is that it's, almost, 50 degrees colder outside.

No, I won't be wearing shorts.
    "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

and here comes the northwest's bi-polar winter weather. They are getting multiple feet of snow in the mountains and we are getting wind and rain. That was fun last night. Of course most of the leaves weren't down yet so that has been fun.

It is getting really cold this weekend and the normal line of we might get snow, we might not is starting. I love living in an area that the weather people get surprised by 6 inches of snow.
      Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

I didn't have much fun spray-painting outside today.

The wang icicle weather is starting to set in.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Yup, that time of year. As I get bundled up to tackle the snow on my property I leave my obligatory message to Jester:

"Get Bent"
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

It's windy and getting cold here. Lucky for me, because I dropped chocolate and caffeine out of my diet, my allergy to the cold has more or less disappeared. Having said that I'm not about to test that theory by spending any more outside than I have to.
            Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
              YA beat me to it IRV

I WILL somehow find a good portable freezer AND the money to travel down there and somehow GET him (Jester) with a good ol slushball
              May I point out that you ca make a respectable almost snowball with the shave ice from a snoopy sno cone maker?
              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Well, it's supposed to snow tomorrow. I'm hoping it decides to veer to the north of us, but that looks unlikely. So I'll be shoveling snow at work, while OCD girl sits and does nothing.
                "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

http://newsminer.com/view/full_story...dow_left_top_3

-41 in Alaska. Yeah, I'm pissed at M-N, but, damn.

Comment

Yeah, the weatherfolk have real hard-ons about tomorrow's forecasted dumping, and of course, as the week has progressed, keep bumping the forecasted amount of snow up up and up. I better check, but I wouldn't be surprised if we weren't already under a watch or warning, since they seem to do that sometimes up to 2 days before it snows.

What I would give for the snow to miss us again, and to see that butthurt, nearly in tears look on those douchebags' faces.

Or, if the snow would just miss us. PLEASE.
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

If everyone could just get the weather they wanted...those who love snow could get it up to their eyeballs and those who don't could get sunshine Been kinda cloudy here, and the temps are not very consistent.
                      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Well, it started out raining earlier, now it's full bore shitting.

I do love the Facebook fights over the weather. I do love being "reminded" that I live in Wisconsin and have no right to complain.

Yep, because I choose to live here because I love it.
                        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

It's snowing. It started while I was on my walk about 9:30 this morning. It was coming down pretty good when I finished at about 10:30. I've been shoveling at work (sidewalks, and parking lot) since about 3. I just stopped now, so I can get inside work done. Didn't get much done, but the lot is a bit better in places.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                            Today, for the powerboat races, I was out on a catamaran drinking beer in shorts and a sleeveless t-shirt. Since it's been windy and a bit chilly lately, I had a second t-shirt with me in case it got too breezy on the boat. November, ya know.
                            We do the same thing. It does get cold sometimes in summer depending on where we are. As far as I know, up in the Northern Territory, they have two seasons: wet (right now) and dry (May to October). So I'm guessing that the Northern Territory is the equivelent to Jester's location .

My area on the other hand has your average mediterranean climate, which usually is a hot dry summer and a cold-ish wet winter. The coldest it gets during the DAY in Winter is around 15C. In the mornings, it might dip to 3-4C.

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                            Yup, that time of year. As I get bundled up to tackle the snow on my property I leave my obligatory message to Jester:

"Get Bent"
                            Lundar, I've been getting temps lately of around 37C....
                            Last edited by fireheart; 11-20-2011, 12:28 AM.
                            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Yesterday was in the 50s here. Today: cloudy, in the low 30s, and freezing drizzle. Great day for staying in and doing nothing all day! We HAVE had an exceptionally nice November thus far though, really.
                              "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Still no snow here. Some of the locals are wondering where its got to.

Indeed, one of the ski resorts up north opened extremely late this year - using artificial snow, since no real stuff had fallen yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X