This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I could have done without this

If I don't pay my landlady what I owe them by Sunday, I'll get evicted. And, yes, they can boot me out of here legally. She's sick of promises, she's pissed off, and the fact that I'm finally digging myself out of this hole makes no impression on her.

Oh crap. That's so unfair. What are you going to do? Is there someplace you can go? I realize it's not much notice; no chance of talking her into giving you another week or two?
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Payday or car title loan time, I'm afraid. That or charge it to a credit card. If she won't wait, there isn't many other options.

Comment

I don't have any credit cards.

I don't have a car.

I make very little right now - not enough to pay the rent. Enough to eat, not enough for rent.

No savings.

I have some business plans that, it seemed, were in the process of bearing fruit, and that may be the case. It had just better be the case.

I planned to move back to the States a year ago, and then one thing and another got in the way. Now I don't have even the funds I had a year ago to make the attempt, assuming it would make a positive difference.

Comment

Well you listed a good thing, no credit cards. Which honestly has probably saved you. Any under the table work you would be good at?

Comment

I am sorry. Is there anything we can do to help?
            Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I told my landlady last night that I don't have the money.

She was calm about it, which surprised me. I really am grateful for their kindness and patience towards me; I've been a loose cannon since before Mom died, with two breakdowns and all kinds of bizarre behavior. She doesn't know about all the deaths, but she does know about a few (Mom and, of course, two of my cats).

So, a woman of my acquaintance told me she might have a room in her house available to rent. Many houses here are divided into apartments, and she told me (I haven't seen it yet) that she lives in a different part of the house. I emailed her last night asking if we could discuss the rental situation. The rent is EXTREMELY reasonable.

My new friend - the one I posted about recently - has had more than enough of his roommates, and would love to find another place. It would be great to share a place with him, I think, and I did find a whole house for rent, but it's outside town. It would be quite the household, I must say. I have a set of furniture, A/V equipment, and my kitty. He has two cats, a dog, and several musical instruments, including a piano, violin, and accordion.

Anyway. When I get tense, I just say aloud, "Thank you." It does help. I think I've outgrown this place. I emailed a friend of mine last week, and when he hadn't answered by Friday, I sent him a text message asking if he'd read the email. Within ten minutes, I had an answer; he wrote, "We have to find you work. I'll think about it and let you know."

He has quite a few connections. This helps.

Comment

These are hopeful signs. Let us know what happens!
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Nothing new, except that friends of mine are going to help me find a place. The ironic thing is, there's a house across the street and down from where I live now that has two gorgeous apartments available - for more than I'm (not) paying now. Maybe I'll get a huge sum of money and/or a great job soon, and I can move just a few houses away. I'd love it; I could stay in the same quiet neighborhood with all the conveniences.

Comment

Good luck, things have a way of turning out well.
                    Quote Dalesys:
                    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Now, we're trying to figure out what to do about the remainder of the money I owe. My Internet access was cut off for almost 24 hours. As you can see, I'm back online. The amount owed is now a far more manageable amount.

Landlady: "Can't you borrow from someone?"

I told her I've already borrowed, and quoted, "A friend in need is a real nuisance."

That got a laugh out of her.

Comment

Working...
                      X