This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90s Nostalgia thread - No Fear t-shirts

My mind works in odd ways sometimes. I was at work today fondly discussing my high school days with co-workers when suddenly I remember the popular NO FEAR t-shirts that were all the rage in the mid 90s.

Here's an example of what I mean:

I tried to find more pictures but sadly didn't have much luck. I guess there are some things Google can't do!

I did however, find a list of some of the slogans used on the shirts. See how many you remember:

The thought of losing never crosses my mind. I know my abilities and they won’t let me down

I live with fear everyday, but at the weekends she lets me play golf

You must always push the limits because if you never fail, you will never succeed

It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog

The shortest distance between two points will always be a straight line

All men are great in their dreams, reality just narrows the competition

It’s not the pace of life that concerns me, it’s the sudden stop at the end

I’ve never lost, I’ve just been a little bit behind when the time ran out

It is far better to have played and lost than not to have played at all

I live with fear everyday, but at the weekends she lets me play golf

Around you, through you, over you. Whatever it takes to get here

If you’re not living on the edge, you’re taking up too much space

There’s only one thing worse than losing, and that’s quitting

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed on game day

The only place champion comes before pain is in the dictionary

I only ever owned ONE No Fear shirt. All I remember is it was burgundy. For the life of me I do not recall the slogan. I had hoped reading the list would jog my memory, but no luck.

So, who else had these shirts back in the 90s?
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

I have never owned a No Fear t-shirt, though I have lived a few of their slogans.

I do own, however, a t-shirt I bought around that time, which reads quite simply, "I Fear No Beer." Many have challenged me on that shirt. All have seen me take rise to the occasion.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Two I had that I remember (I had more than that) are:

If You Can't Win, Don't Play

and

It Isn't Whether You Win Or Lose, It's How You Play The Game Run Up The Score

Many many people in my junior high had those shirts. And JNCOs. *shudder*
      Last edited by Irving Patrick Freleigh; 02-29-2012, 09:53 PM.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        I do own, however, a t-shirt I bought around that time, which reads quite simply, "I Fear No Beer." Many have challenged me on that shirt. All have seen me take rise to the occasion.
        If I could still find "bad frog", you would fear it, I think it was made from bad frogs...
        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
          If I could still find "bad frog", you would fear it, I think it was made from bad frogs...
          I had a shirt featuring a frog being smushed by a delivery truck in a parody of a FedEx ad.

Also, Can You Find Drunken Wadlo? My gym teacher made me turn that one inside out once, urged to do so by the jocks in the class who probably did their own drinking. But in my high school, like every high school, the jocks ran the place.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I remember those shirts, mostly from the the second high school I attended. I think the students at the high school in Milwaukee had other things on their minds.

I used to have a Bad Frog Beer t shirt. Yeah, I'd wear it to HS #2.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I would TRY it. Doesn't mean I would LIKE it, but I would at least TRY it. Thus no fear.

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
              But in my high school, like every high school, the jocks ran the place.
              Not EVERY high school was like that, or was super bad about it.

Of my three, #2 was pretty bad like that. #1 wasn't as bad, but it still had somewhat of that issue, probably because many of our athletic teams vied for (and won) state championships. High school #3, though, which was the biggest of the three I attended....not so much. Yeah, there were jocks, and yeah, a lot of them were dumb idiots, but they didn't really RUN things the way they did, to varying degrees, in my first two.

Anyone wanna guess which of my three high schools was my favorite? GO CHARGERS!

Still A Customer."

Comment

what about the 'co-ed naked' shirts? or the 'Johnson' ones that were pretty suggestive?
                "We go through our careers and things happen to us. Those experiences made me what I am."-Thomas Keller

Comment

I still have my only Co-Ed Naked shirt....it's a Co-Ed Naked Twister shirt.

No explanation needed.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth FuzzyKitten99 View Post
                    what about the 'co-ed naked' shirts? or the 'Johnson' ones that were pretty suggestive?
                    I remember those. Those NEVER should've been allowed to be worn at school.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Oh, Becks, please. I would much rather they allow such things to be worn at school than some of the other things I've seen, both in my time and afterwards. Hell, most of those shirts were merely humorously suggestive.

Still A Customer."

Comment

My favorite two No Fear t-shirts were:
                        First Rule of Nature: Nature Rules
                        and
                        Get in, sit down, shut up, and hold on.
                        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                          Oh, Becks, please. I would much rather they allow such things to be worn at school than some of the other things I've seen, both in my time and afterwards. Hell, most of those shirts were merely humorously suggestive.
                          I guess you would've had to have attended the same HS as me.

Ah, well.
                          Unseen but seeing
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I did say "most." And you're right, I did not attend your high school. Good lord, woman, don't you think three high schools was enough?

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                              I did say "most." And you're right, I did not attend your high school.
                              Heh.

Quoth Jester View Post
                              Good lord, woman, don't you think three high schools was enough?
                              No. Don't ask my why I answered that way, though, because I don't have a clue.
                              Unseen but seeing
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                              X