This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midwesterners!

Particularly those of you in the path of Stormageddon, be safe today. My little corner of KY is pretty quiet at the moment but the weather guys are predicting a crazy evening. So crazy the storm chasers are in town. So, again, be safe and batten down the hatches.
    I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All? OHSHI- RUN!

Seriously, though, everyone be safe.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Sounds like it's getting pretty violent in Kentucky and Indiana right now. I'm going to add my wishes for everyone to stay safe tonight!
      "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

They're saying with the extra-heavy (weight-wise) snow, we may have power outages. Good thing the charger I bought recently for my phone is a car charger.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I blame Jim Cantore. I flipped on The Weather Channel, and he was making a road trip.

In all seriousness, I hope everyone stays safe.
          I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

I think I can safely say this storm has been somewhat oversold.

6 to 10 inches of snow were forecast locally; there's about 2 inches on the ground and it isn't snowing all that hard any more. And it's all supposed to be over by midnight.

Keep in mind I say the above being in the part of the storm that's getting snow, and knowing there are some places where the weather is significantly more destructive. If you are or will be in the areas that may come under attack from the godless tornadoes, please stay safe.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Its been raining like mad for the past couple days and thundering and lightning like the gods are brawling overhead here. No tornadoes yet, but it is very windy. My van keeps getting pushed around when I have to leave the house. I'm getting rather nervous as I watch the news.
              A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
              Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Georgia, here! We had a tornado in Dallas, and from there, we at least hung out downstairs for an hour to be safe. I've heard that so far in Indiana, that at least 18 have died. I hope there's no more casualties OR tornadoes tonight. The storm is past my area though, so we're being a little bit more lax and going upstairs to get some food.
                My only regret is that I don't have a better word for "F@#k You".

Comment

Southeast Michigan here, right by Detroit. Very, very windy outside right now. I'm surprised my power hasn't gone out yet. Hope everyone is ok where the tornadoes hit. The pictures look pretty bad.

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                    I blame Jim Cantore. I flipped on The Weather Channel, and he was making a road trip.
                    One of the local news reporters said that he was already taking the threat pretty seriously, but when Jim Cantore rolled into town, it just solidified the threat for him.

The town of Henryville, IN was pretty much leveled. 24 tornado related deaths have been confirmed in southern Indiana and Kentucky.

On a SC related note, WHY would you go to the mall during the time that all the forecasters have said is when the almost certainly tornadic storms are going to fire up? I can understand heading there if you don't feel safe where you live, but not to shop. Once my mall announced the tornado warning, I approached my lone customer and explained that I would be more than happy to put her shoes on hold, but that we needed to exit to a safer place in the mall. She was understanding. A few years ago, I had customers that were just flabbergasted that I didn't want to take their money. I just calmly said, "I would LOVE to take your money. But it's not going to do me any good when we're dead." They heeded my advice then!

I would like to say that I am SO grateful that I work in a mall that not only makes us aware of the weather situation, but actually puts us in lockdown during severe weather, making sure EVERYONE takes shelter, including customers. The previous mall where I worked was very lax about this.

Comment

My area dodged the bullet. Lots of rain and some high wind gusts, but all in all not too bad. We're waiting to hear when the authorities are going to let volunteers in to help clean up areas that weren't so lucky.
                      I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

I am just outside of Indianapolis and we got some pretty high wind and lots of thunder and lightening, but no damage. I heard this morning that the death toll is up to 32 in the area that was hit by the tornadoes. So sad ....
                        "I guess they see another cash cow just waiting to be dry humped." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Well, yesterday night we spent at about the Pennsyltucky/Ohio border in Barkeyville and the drive there from Rochester NY was fine. From Barkeyville this morning to Davenport Ia right now, it was windy as all hell through ohio to the Indiana border, then in mid-Indiana to sort of Chicago it alternated between windy and assorted levels of snow from light flurries to what I would call lake effect flurries but never really what i consider particularly bad. It cleared up around Chicago and was clear all the way to Davenport.

I like the new [to me at least] rest areas in Indiana. I haven't been through Indiana in about 20 years.

It looks like the weather is going to be hitting north of our route westward, we will probably end up with light mix, and some wind. Until the next clot of weather cycles around that is.
                          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I'm in southwestern Michigan right now (to visit my ailing grandmother) and we didn't get snow till after we landed. Thank deity. Last night we got a bit but not much.
                            This made my life more interesting cause I got the chance to drive for the first time in over two years. :P
                            Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                            Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                              Well, yesterday night we spent at about the Pennsyltucky/Ohio border in Barkeyville and the drive there from Rochester NY was fine. From Barkeyville this morning to Davenport Ia right now, it was windy as all hell through ohio to the Indiana border, then in mid-Indiana to sort of Chicago it alternated between windy and assorted levels of snow from light flurries to what I would call lake effect flurries but never really what i consider particularly bad. It cleared up around Chicago and was clear all the way to Davenport.
                              Pennsyltucky? PA and KY don't even touch - what's the origin of that name? Looks like a long day's drive (and I'm a trucker - that's pretty close to the maximum possible under real-world conditions in the 11 hours allowed per day). Ironic that the wind diminished around Chicago, given the city's nickname.
                              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X