This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd time is a charm (hopefully)

I finally got my eyebrow pierced again. This will be the third time I've gotten it done and hopefully this time it takes. The first time it rejected, the second time it was on the line as to if it would heal or not and then I had to remove it for knee surgery. I forgot how much making facial expressions must be stopped. Yawning even makes it twinge a slight bit. Given that yawning also occasionally makes my jaw pop, yawning is now dangerous business with domino effect risk given that if my jaw pops I'll flinch which will hurt my eyebrow. I've already accidentally scratched at it a couple of times. Also I was a genius and got it on my right side. The phone I answer for a living is on my right side too and I'm clumsy Amusingly enough this genius occurred to me last time too but it's been a year and that was the side I really wanted it on anyway.

To top off the awesome face pain, yesterday I got my invisilign retainer. I haven't been able to wear my trays for a week while waiting because they fixed a chip in my tooth once the trays had done their job.

I've stubbornly determined that if the piercing doesn't take this time, I'm not doing it again. It sucks because I've wanted this one for a long while. And of course for other speed bumps, I forgot that the new policy is vague on piercings. I have the same job and bosses that I've had the other two times I've had this done so here is to hoping they are cool with it. Mostly it just says no piercings of a "shocking nature" like tongue, lip or gauging. Mostly it depends on if my boss is in a good mood when he comes back from his trip. Yes, asking first would have made sense but I completely forgot that the newest policy manual actually included civilian employee appearance where it didn't before. Mostly I'm just worried about it healing properly. And hopefully before it's warm enough for motorcycle riding because I'm not riding till I can get my helmet on without risk of screwing this up.
    "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall
Working...
X