This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes are coming...

At least this is what's being whispered around the back halls. I came into work today to find the office door closed. Never a good sign since it was our store's upper management having a pow wow.

Yesterday my store manager said that they switched a bunch of managers around but so far she seems to be staying at our store.

There's now a HUGE shift about improving customer service. If we aren't heard greeting customers they're taking names. Literally. There is going to be a list started.

The assistant came around to everyone today with a survey about how to improve our engagement especially between the front and pharmacy staff.

"Fill it out honestly because you're not putting your name on it." Slightly paraphrased quote.

Well, it's not really anonymous. We all know each others writing. And the managers will pretty much know who said what by the tone of what is written.

I ended up bringing mine home I'll give it some thought and turn it in. I doubt anything will come of it. Morale is really low and we're going to be down three people by the start of August and it seems as if only one of them will be replaced. The store hours keep getting cut and we have to do a lot more with a lot less.

So on one hand they want to know what they can do to improve engagement but they're going to keep a list of people who don't greet customers. Yeah, this is going to be a great few months.
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

"The beatings will continue until morale improves."
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Someone find a typewriter--at least that will make the writing less obvious or have someone else write your replies.
      In any case, it looks like time to start looking elsewhere.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Honestly I don't care if they know what I write. I'm there long enough that I know what might fly and what might not. And I wouldn't even mind taking the ideas further if asked. But in reality things might change for a bit and then go right back. Whatever, we'll see what happens. But yeah, my job search continues.

Comment

Quoth Trixie View Post
          Honestly I don't care if they know what I write. I'm there long enough that I know what might fly and what might not. And I wouldn't even mind taking the ideas further if asked. But in reality things might change for a bit and then go right back. Whatever, we'll see what happens. But yeah, my job search continues.
          Have you tried completing it with your "off" hand?

For instance, if you're right-handed, try to fill it out left-handed. That would at least throw them off as far as the writing goes.
          Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
            Have you tried completing it with your "off" hand?

For instance, if you're right-handed, try to fill it out left-handed. That would at least throw them off as far as the writing goes.
            If I tried that it wouldn't be pretty. I'm not worried about repercussions from what I may write. From talking to everybody else the consensus is that nothing will change, so nobody is filling it out.

I haven't filled it out yet because honestly my shifts have been all over the place and I feel like I'm working and sleeping. I have some time tonight so I may throw something down and turn it back in tomorrow.

Guess we'll just have to see what happens with all this.

Comment

Quoth Trixie View Post
              Guess we'll just have to see what, if anything, happens with all this.
              Fixed for you
              Last edited by taxguykarl; 07-25-2018, 04:16 PM.
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I had to go back to see what you fixed. It's definitely closer to the truth and what I should've put. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                X