This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer Shark PSA

Jaws has just been added to Amazon Prime video for streaming. I thought some of you might be interested if you're into it and don't have a copy of it. I remember watching as a kid and once on TV a couple of years ago but this is the first time I've seen it uncut and have been able to see all of it due to the ability to pause.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Don't watch Jaws while out at sea.
    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

And don't watch Jaws 2, 3, or 4 at all.
      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
        And don't watch Jaws 2, 3, or 4 at all.
        A roaring shark? Really?
        This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Quoth catcul View Post
          A roaring shark? Really?
          Don't forget the shark who explodes when getting stabbed. At least the first one didn't violate laws of nature, even if the behaviour of Jaws was atypical for the species.
          "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Many of you may know this already, but Roy Scheider's "You're gonna need a bigger boat" was an ad-lib line...

Comment

And speaking of sharks, are any of you planning on seeing "The Meg"?

I'm not sure. "Jaws" freaked me out, and gave me nightmares. "The Meg" looks good, but I don't know if I want to see it or not...

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
                Don't forget the shark who explodes when getting stabbed. At least the first one didn't violate laws of nature, even if the behaviour of Jaws was atypical for the species.
                And we can't forget the shark that can move faster than jet aircraft and apparently has implanted a GPS chip into it's victims.
                I AM the evil bastard!
                A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                  And we can't forget the shark that can move faster than jet aircraft and apparently has implanted a GPS chip into it's victims.
                  Or that the main actress lady (Ellen Brody) and the shark have some sort of psychic connection.

Comment

A while ago I was watching Jaws and was like "smoking in a hospital?!" Yes I know, normal for the times but still jolting to see for me.
                    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I get like that every time I watch the 2nd Die Hard. Smoking and guns in an airport without the owners of the cigarettes/guns being taken down? So weird.
                      "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Well, they did use some creative license there. The air tank in the shark's mouth wouldn't have exploded. They tested that on a "Jaws" special on MythBusters.

IIRC, in the book (I haven't read it) of the same name, the shark succumbed to its injuries right before it got to chief brody.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
                          Well, they did use some creative license there...
                          When an old-time Hollywood producer was questioned about the Oedipal content of his new production he supposedly said, "Oedipus, Shmoedipus! Just so long as a boy loves his mother!"
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
                            Well, they did use some creative license there. The air tank in the shark's mouth wouldn't have exploded. They tested that on a "Jaws" special on MythBusters.
                            I know. I didn't say it didn't break the laws of physics, just the laws of nature (probably should have said biology).

I have long-since given up nit-picking the blatant physics breaches from Hollywood. Mum now insists that I have something (usually ice-cream or toffees) stuffed in my mouth when I watch action films with her, since I usually end up with a running commentary of things along the lines of "oh yes, of course he's just going to get up and run off when he's fallen 3 stories into a dumpster. I'm sure that there was no broken glass, old pallets, or other potentially stabby items in there, and that the sudden stop didn't smoosh his internal organs at all". There's also the constant stream of, "he's dead. And he's now broken both his legs so he certainly shouldn't be running off. Unconscious for several hours and now able to solve a complex riddle? Really, he should be in a coma or drooling in the corner by this point."

Comment

I have long-since given up nit-picking the blatant physics breaches from Hollywood. Mum now insists that I have something (usually ice-cream or toffees) stuffed in my mouth when I watch action films with her, since I usually end up with a running commentary of things along the lines of "oh yes, of course he's just going to get up and run off when he's fallen 3 stories into a dumpster. I'm sure that there was no broken glass, old pallets, or other potentially stabby items in there, and that the sudden stop didn't smoosh his internal organs at all". There's also the constant stream of, "he's dead. And he's now broken both his legs so he certainly shouldn't be running off. Unconscious for several hours and now able to solve a complex riddle? Really, he should be in a coma or drooling in the corner by this point."
                              This right here is why I like to watch CinemaSins on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                              X