This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kohl's Charge Card

So I swear they have one person working for them. Last week on Thursday, I called about 7 pm Eastern time only to wait over 3 times on hold for approximately 20 minutes. It's honestly about 15 because the automated system takes 5 minutes each time.

Today starting at 12:40 pm, I spent about 15 minutes the initial time but I decided to hang up because after going through the automated system, it was completely silent. The 2nd time I waited 20 minutes before the call dropped. I don't think it dropped on my end since usually my phone says "signal was lost" and not "call dropped."

Right now, I am a little stressed and I have a strong feeling I am going to snap at the operator when I get through since I literally can't get a hold of anyone. I have never had this situation before for any credit card including other store cards.

At this point, I want to cancel the card. I haven't gone into the store, but I just want to cancel it because I can't get anyone to request a new card. Unfortunately, it's the same number to cancel a card.

I get companies are having difficulties, but seriously? Making it so hard to report a card lost or to cancel an account? I can see waiting a few minutes, but I have never had to wait longer than 10 minutes including the time it took to get into the system to get a replacement card sent.

Part of the issue is the fact they have 20 seconds of music and the same ad repeating over and over. This is all for a stupid card that I lost like 9 months ago. Heck, if I just had the number I would be okay without having it since I can just use my driver's license in the store and the number to order online. I am at 20 minutes for this particular phone call. This is nuts. They need to either hire more people or to have a better automated system where you can request a new card without talking to someone.
    Last edited by emt_cookies; 03-19-2012, 05:36 PM.

I suspect the call center is doing what so many companies are doing: cutting staff to a skeleton crew.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Go to a store and cancel through them. It sounds like it will be easier all around.

Comment

If it is just a store card, and not a dual card (visa/MC that can be used elsewhere too), then they can probably give you the number over the phone if you identify yourself. That or if you go to the store with ID they might be able to give you the number.

I used to work for a company that handled a lot of store cards (but not Kohl's) and we only couldn't give out Visa/MC numbers due to regulations with them. Also, a quick check for you shows that Capital One is the issuer to the card. You might try looking to see if they have another number for their other cards and try getting through there and explaining the issue. Since it's the same company, it might get you somewhere.
        "Oh, the strawberries don't taste as they used to and the thighs of women have lost their clutch!"

Comment

Working...
        X