This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayers, good thoughts, etc. please.

I just got off the phone with my mom (called her about something else). She told me that my paternal grandmother isn't doing well. She has cancer. They think it originated in her colon but its since metastasized to her liver and her hip. The doctors said she has a year without chemo or 2 years with chemo. I haven't seen her in a few years and I'm not gonna be able to get time off until February cause I work retail.
    When my mom's mom died in 2006 (?) I hadn't seen her for a while (despite being the one we'd see on spring break every year while in school).
    I'm just so scared I'm not gonna be able to say good bye.
    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Aw, ((((DW)))). Do you have any vacation hours accrued?
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Nope. I just took my vacation. I had to take it before November 1 or I'd lose it. That's why I said it maybe February, there's a black out of days from November 1 till around February 29 because of the holidays.

Comment

even for family emergencies such as this?
        lots of hugs

Comment

I do not know Midnight. But I will ask tomorrow.

Comment

Does FMLA cover this?

Rapscallion

Comment

*lots of hugs*

If you need me, I'm here. If I'm not on chat, you have me on skype if you need to talk. For that matter, my cell # is on my FB page in my contact info.
              "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

@Raps: idk but I asked my store manager and if Grandma's health declines rapidly she's willing to find some way to get me a couple days off to go see her.
                @Kara: thanks. I know where to find you if I need to talk. I appreciate it.

Comment

*hugs d_w* Hope you get to see her. I'm glad your boss is willing to help with that.
                  1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                  -----
                  http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother, DW - sending big hugs for both of you

I hope you can get to have some time with her.
                    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Update:
                      I talked to my dad today and my grandmother has chosen not to undergo chemo. I really hope I can make a trip to see her soon.

Comment

I'm sorry, d_w. <3 I also really hope you can see her soon. <3
                        "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
                        "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
                        Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Thanks Eisa. (hugs)

Comment

*hughughug* I hope you get to see her soon.
                            1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                            -----
                            http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

I'm sorry. In her situation I would probably have chosen quality of life over the second year too.

Comment

Working...
                              X