This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update:
    My uncle found my grandmother in her kitchen crying last night. She was given a sedative. When it should have started to wear off she was still unconscious but soon after woke up. Then in the middle of the night she had to use the bathroom but couldn't get up. My uncle couldn't move her and they couldn't get anyone else to help. A catheter was eventually inserted.
    Last night my uncle stayed with her and they had a hospice person helping and by Friday she will be in a hospice.
    I still haven't seen her and I'm so scared I won't be able too.
    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

*Huge squishy hugs* Dude I am so, so sorry! I really hope that you get the chance to go see her and that she's lucid enough to enjoy the visit.
      Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

*hugs* I am so sorry to hear this. Prayers and thoughts sent your way.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Hugs, go go go BEG to get time off.
          In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
          She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Thank you, all.

Quoth Der Cute
            Hugs, go go go BEG to get time off.
            It's more an issue of when and how much. I live paycheck to paycheck but my parents might buy the tickets (train/bus/plane) for me. Except they weren't even planning to go until the end of March. Which is the week after I'll be visiting them.
            Hopefully something will be figured out soon.

Comment

So my sister called me on my lunch. (She and her family live here in Baltimore as well.) She had talked to our dad and if we can all get time off (me, Sis, Bro in law) we may go and visit this weekend/early next week. Dad even offered to help pay for the plane tickets. Nothing's set yet. Dad has to talk to Aunt (his sister) and see if it will be a good time. And I'm gonna talk to my store manager at the end of my shift. This is covered by FMLA I believe and my store manager had previously said she's work with me on getting time off. When I told her this morning she asked if that meant I'd be going soon and I told her it all depended on my parents buying the ticket(s).
              She's sympathetic, her husband lost a parent recently. He was 3 (!) hours late due to layovers (they are both from Belarus).

Comment

*hugs dragon_wings* I'm praying!
                The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

Depending on if I get Saturday off we (me, roomie, sis and sis's family) will leave Saturday or Sunday fly to <Grandma's city> then fly back on Tuesday.

Comment

I ended up getting 4 days off (March 3-6) and went to see my grandmother.
                    My dad texted me this morning. Grandma died in her sleep this morning. My dad's brother and sister were there with her.
                    If I wasn't so numb from other things and at work I'd be a sobbing mess right now.

Comment

*hugs* I'm so sorry honey.

You did get to go visit her though, and that's important.
                      https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Oh no. I'm so sorry.
                        The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear that.
                          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                          Save the Ales!
                          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

*hugs DW*
                            I'm so sorry for your loss, hun. Thank goodness you did get to see her.
                            Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother passing. At least you got to say goodbye.
                              "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

<hugs> My deepest sympathies hun. I'm so glad you got to see her before, though.
                                By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Working...
                                X