This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Try the Toaster Trick

Odd thing, but there's a thing going around the internet right now about flipping your toaster on its side to make a grilled cheese sandwich.

I'll say it straight. DO NOT TRY IT.

I decided to try it out (hurr durr), and within a minute, I had flames and smoke everywhere.

So please, if you see someone talking about it, or get the urge to try it, DONT.
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

EEP! I take it you and everyone else is ok? I'm assuming this would be a very different post if not, but just checking.
    The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

That would be a toasted cheese sandwich, not a grilled cheese, anyway.
      Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Quoth Cookie View Post
        EEP! I take it you and everyone else is ok? I'm assuming this would be a very different post if not, but just checking.
        Yep yep.

Tossed the toaster out the back door and onto the gravel driveway until the flames abated. Didn't want to toss water on it, in case it'd still continue working afterwards.

Comment

I feel I should recount the time my mother broke *my* blender while trying to mix cookie dough.

I'll let that sink in for a moment.

Also yes this is the same lady who swears up and down that I cannot cook because cooking involves reading the back of the box.
          https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

When I was younger (maybe 9 or 10), I tried a couple times to make a "grilled" cheese in a toaster. Leaving it upright.

The first time worked beautifully.

The second, not so much.

Comment

No offense, but what on earth made you think that was a good idea?
              The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Less setting toasters on fire, more next installment typing.

Just sayin.

Comment

Quoth It shouldn't View Post
                  Less setting toasters on fire, more next installment typing.

Just sayin.
                  Seraph...

Only YOU can stop toaster death.

Keep writing the next installment

Brought to you by CSers Who Want Seraph to Finish Part ___, a nonprofit organization.

Comment

At least we know now what's taking so long with the next installment...she's putting out fires, literally.
                    Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

stop taking advice from the psychotic toaster in fallout new vegas.
                      Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
                      Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

I make grilled/toasted cheese in my toaster all the time....

Oh wait. That's a toaster OVEN. Yeah. Not so much the pop-up style....

Glad you're ok.
                        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Seemed like a good idea at the time, huh?
                          http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                            No offense, but what on earth made you think that was a good idea?
                            The fact that lifehacker, a fairly geeky website, was touting it in an article this week, is what made me consider it. They're usually...smarter than this. And I, being me, was like WOOO THIS IS AN AWESOME IDEA /flames/ ohcriminieswhymeeeeee

Comment

It might work if you wrapped it in foil first. It's the burned butter that's smoking, and foil would prevent that.
                              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                              X