This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm never coming here again!!

(We had one of "those" customers at the library yesterday, so just thought I would share this story.)

To give a little background info, the library has a public computer that's designated for job search purposes. Staff doesn't stand behind customers and spy on them, but if someone is obviously NOT using it for job search-related purposes, we can (and do) ask them to log off and use one of the regular computers.

We have a regular customer whom I'll call "Gary, he always asks to use the "job search" computer, and has been warned before about not using it for things that aren't related to job searches. Yesterday, he was seen to be be shopping for cars, my fellow circulation clerk sent a message to his computer reminding him he was only supposed to be using that computer for job searches. (I should mention that staff can see this particular computer's screen from the information desk)

"Gary" stopped for awhile, but went back shopping for cars. So his computer session was ended, and he got a bit upset with staff members.....saying he wasn't going to be coming back.

I wonder if that threat sounded more impressive in his head.

Comment

Quoth CyberLurch View Post
      I wonder if that threat sounded more impressive in his head.
      No doubt. He somehow managed to ignore allllll the other library patrons who were browsing or sitting around at the time ..

It's too bad that places like this don't have a couple of designated singers to belt out a few lines of "Promises, Promises" whenever somebody says that.
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

OMG! Think of the profits you are going to lose! You must beg him to come back! </sarcasm>
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

"Could we get that in writing, please?"
          “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
          One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
          The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Good. Saves you the trouble of banning him.

Comment

"We will be holding you to that!"
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

"I'm never coming here again!"
                *Perky voice* "Thank you!" or "You say the nicest things!"

Comment

You should be allowed to refuse service if he DOES come back.

Comment

I just remembered this one...a SC held to her threat (promise?)
                    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                      I just remembered this one...a SC held to her threat (promise?)
                      If only ...!
                      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth little_miss_springfield View Post
                        Good. Saves you the trouble of banning him.

As a security guard at a library, Trust me that doesn't stop them from coming back

I have heard that so many times while working at the library when we kick someone out "I'm never coming back!" or "It doesn't matter i'm leaving town tomorrow anyway and i'm not returning!" or the classic "Fine I never come here anyway, I won't be back!" yet they always return, if not the next day within a few days to a week

Comment

So, why doesn't he want to use the regular computers? Are they all being used?

Comment

Quoth OneMoreTime View Post
                            So, why doesn't he want to use the regular computers? Are they all being used?
                            Sorry that it took me a bit to get back to this thread!

"Gary" will sometimes use one of the the regular computers, but with those, you're limited to a one-hour session. The "job search assistance" computer is set for a two-hour session, so I'm guessing that's why he prefers to use it.

I've left some details out of this situation, mostly because I feel it leans more towards Fratching-related material. Let's just say that part of the reason Gary is one of our "problem customers" is because he's got a disability that makes communicating with him a bit challenging, and he is NOT consistent with how he wants/chooses to communicate with staff.

Comment

Quoth Thread Title
                              I'm never coming here again!!
                              Promise?

Why is it the ones that say that are the ones you never want to see again? Also, they're the ones that you see over and over again.

I don't think that threat was impressive since he's paying for the computer no matter if he uses it or not.
                              This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Working...
                              X