Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > General Work Chat

Old 08-14-2018, 06:21 AM
Assistant Manager

Welcome to the club. We've had these a few times, but they proceed to ignore the suggestions that we make (like upgrading our freaking student management system!)

Old 08-16-2018, 02:52 PM
Gun Pimp.

Navy got bad with this. Supposedly it was anonymous, but they knew who to hound to get them done. I got 2 one year and then 8 the next 6 months finally I got a 2nd one on sexual harassment that had a write in section. So I put down the CO would pick a woman out of formation and have sex with her in front of all of us and said we were to do the same. Of course this did not happen. But it worked I quit getting them.

Windage and Elevation.

Old 08-18-2018, 02:02 PM
Ita erat quando hic adveni.

I had a co-worker who was very reluctant to fill in those sorts of "anonymous" surveys, because the place where we worked asked three questions near the start:
  • What department are you in?
  • What's your position?
  • What's your gender?

The combination of the three rather effectively de-anonymized her ("female" and "programmer" would have been nearly as good).

Old 08-20-2018, 01:09 AM
Highly Trained Professional

Just recently we hand one of those surveys going around. I honestly didn't care if they knew it was me who filled it out since it was just printed out and not even on the computer. I just never got around to filling it out. I didn't think it would make a difference anyway.

Old 08-20-2018, 01:41 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Quoth BPFH View Post
I had a co-worker who was very reluctant to fill in those sorts of "anonymous" surveys, because the place where we worked asked three questions near the start:
  • What department are you in?
  • What's your position?
  • What's your gender?

The combination of the three rather effectively de-anonymized her ("female" and "programmer" would have been nearly as good).
I may or may not have put that I was a transgender Hawaiian Islander with 40 years experience working at the cash registers when I was subjected to the swamp's surveys.

Wisconsin, immoral fairyland of anarchy and excessive consumption of dairy products and alcohol--DPRK News Service

Old 08-24-2018, 12:18 AM
Tech Support Nazi

Quote:
Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
So I put down the CO would pick a woman out of formation and have sex with her in front of all of us and said we were to do the same. Of course this did not happen. But it worked I quit getting them.
Oh, mannnnnnnnnn that is great! I laughed so hard at that I got people staring at me!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
What's the difference?
We're allowed to tell you "no".

Old 08-25-2018, 05:58 PM
Heavy Metal Admin

Quote:
Quoth csquared View Post
In house? Anonymous my ass!
"You said on your anonymous employee survey that you don't trust management. What's up with that?"
Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Old 08-29-2018, 09:27 PM
The Right Numpty

There's a public survey thing in the UK that feeds into the Best Companies to Work For awards, and my old company had been itching to get that first star to sucker more people in.

The other three times they ran it, everyone got it, and a month to do it in. And meetings and discussions about the results (with predictable effects). The last time they ran it, however, they only gave it to the permies, leaving out the army of temps, the cleaners, the catering staff, the receptionists and around another 6% of the company who were getting the money-saving boot. Even the survey's own website insists on you surveying everyone to get the best look at your company and thus judge whether you get to earn a Best Company star to hang on your wall. Complaints issued forth but the response came back as '(Survey company) recommended we did it this way'.

Well, they didn't get a star, and the amounts of what must have been all-negative surveys were rife. Unfortunately they are still listed as a 'One To Watch'.