This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this, high school?

Our call center has a "Fun team". Basically it's a group of service reps who volunteer to put together supposedly "Fun" things for us to do. A Halloween decorating contest say, or a cookout on our outdoor patio or Trivia games in the break room. Things like that.

But this group seems to attract some people who have rather odd ideas about what "fun" is, nevermind the whole notion of having fun while working at a call center is odd in and of itself.

Anyway, their latest idea for us to have "fun" is they want us to nominate a "King" and "Queen" of Customer Service. Yes, like Prom or Homecoming. Apparently it's just so darned fun to turn work into one giant popularity contest.

So I've made a conscious decision to not participate. I don't care if managers get on to me about it. I hated this BS in high school and I still hate it now.

This is not "Fun", it's just a fine way for egos to clash and conflicts to start.

Somebody wake me up when October ends.
    Last edited by CrazedClerkthe2nd; 10-07-2018, 06:34 PM.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Probably for the best. Next thing you know you'll wind up with a bucket of blood dumped on you.

Comment

"They laughed at me, momma, they laughed at me..."

Comment

UGH, I hate this kind of thing.

Did I ever tell you guys about the time one of our supervisors handed out bubble liquid to us on the call center floor? He had the same kind of notions about making work "fun."

As Scott Adams says, if work was fun they wouldn't have to pay you to do it.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

We got in a manager from another store where they were all about doing stuff outside of work or having little pitch-in's all the time. My store isn't like that. We only used to have something on Christmas Eve and then I pushed to do something on Halloween. And outside of a few of us getting together for the random event we never do anything organized outside of working hours.

Then last year the store manager stopped the Halloween pitch-in because everyone spent too much time eating and not working. I think they're trying to bring back the pitch-in's on a more regular basis but most people forget and end up buying stuff in the store to add and one person makes a questionable main dish that nobody eats.

One thing that has been kinda fun is putting up a whiteboard with random questions on it like favorite movie, food or music. Except for the one coworker who used it as a protest against Netflix it's been interesting to see everyone's answer. That's about my level of engagement for my workplace/coworkers. Would be nice if they changed the question more often but that's about how it goes in my store.
          I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

One manager I had briefly liked to get the whole team out to a bar for HappyHour.
            1. I don't drink.
            2. I got out of work EARLY (2:30pm), and didn't want to hang around town until 5pm.
            3. I DO NOT DRINK
            4. I just wanted to GO HOME.
            5. I hate bars.

You see the problem here? I went once, for about half an hour, and never again. If she wanted to call it 'team building', then have it during work hours and PAY me for it.

Comment

Working...
            X