Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did those batteries do to you?!?!?

Today was relatively uneventful...until...cue dramatic music...THIS GUY! Around 11 am I hear a crash near our pharmacy. Two guys come walking up, one is slowly strolling up with a prescription in his hand and the other one STORMING OUT. Prescription Guy says pointing at our exiting hot head. "That guy just cleared a few of your shelves." Hot Head Guy gets in this jacked-up, crappy pickup truck and peels out of the parking lot and out on the highway.

A coworker who helps out in the pharmacy came back up front and gave me the story. Hot head has been out of insulin for FIVE days and since it's Sunday they can't get in touch with his doctor. The pharmacist told him to either go the ER or immediate care to get a prescription. Well, he didn't like that and knocked over a battery rack.

I pretty much decided that if I saw his shitty truck come back in the parking lot I was calling the cops, no questions. Manager said the same thing. About an hour later a customer who's a cop was asking me if everything was okay. That time it was. I was just making a face because of the people I was doing passport pictures for. Just too bad he was in there a bit earlier.
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Out of insulin is ... I'm sorry, but running out of insulin just isn't something I can comprehend. Every day, he had to look at his vials and/or pen and see what was left. Every single time he took a dose of insulin, he had to see it. At some point, there had to be a some indication that "Gee, I'm running low on this stuff".
    At any time, he could have called the pharmacy BEFORE he ran out. He's been out for FIVE days?
    No, he's not a functional diabetic. He's dead man walking.
    And for the kharmic part: bad diabetics tend to die unclean deaths. He's not going to end well.

Comment

I agree with Buzzard. If I had a medication that was keeping me alive I'd be on top of that. I'm on top of the ones that don't but keep me functional. At least if I run out I don't die. Wow.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I have no experience with diabetes but I've worked with a few people who had/have it and they know when things aren't right. And even if it was one of those total brain fart things I can't imagine being without it for FIVE days.

My personal grudge with this guy is that he took down MY battery display. I'll inspect the damage today. I was stuck on the front register all day yesterday so I didn't go back there. And you know when it's time to leave it's time to leave.

Comment

Once again: Failure to plan...... Bah, we all know the rest.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

SC will be charged with assault and...battery?
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
              Shoulda thought of that first.

Took a look at my poor battery rack and that guy did some damage. A chunk is missing from one side and the rest is held together with tape. On a slightly serious note, it's a shame that nothing will come of this. The cops weren't called, no charges will be filed and chances are is this ass comes back in we will just wish him a lovely day and life will go on.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                Only if they visited the spices first...
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                  Only if they visited the spices first...

"Ya hear about the two peanuts who got on the subway? One of them was a salted...!"

Comment

Quoth Trixie View Post
                    Shoulda thought of that first.

Took a look at my poor battery rack and that guy did some damage. A chunk is missing from one side and the rest is held together with tape. On a slightly serious note, it's a shame that nothing will come of this. The cops weren't called, no charges will be filed and chances are is this ass comes back in we will just wish him a lovely day and life will go on.
                    I'm disappointed.. I figured the cops would be Energized to charge him with something. Then again, maybe everyone just finds this whole incident just draining.
                    Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Quoth Buzzard View Post
                      Out of insulin is ... I'm sorry, but running out of insulin just isn't something I can comprehend. <snip> No, he's not a functional diabetic. He's dead man walking.
                      As someone who works healthcare, yeah, you'd be (maybe not totally) surprised how many diabetics don't take it seriously. Heck, a close family friend of mine didn't take it seriously for years until someone he knew started losing toes.
                      I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Since this happens in a pharmacy... Would all these punes be pilling on?
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

So many variables. Complete failure of the pancreas or reduced functionality (and how far reduced).

And let's not forget Customer Standard Time. Let's see... "out for 5 days" probably translates into "I need it by Tuesday, but I want to go drinking with my pals tomorrow night and I won't have time to pick it up".
                          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                          Save the Ales!
                          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I feel like I've unlocked an achievement here by having a pun filled thread. As for the hot head, I hope he gets everything that's coming to him.

Comment

Like getting locked in a dura-Cell?
                              “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                              One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                              The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Working...
                              X