Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My "SC" moment - the WORST thing to say!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My "SC" moment - the WORST thing to say!

Yesterday, to say that I was a SC would be an understatement. Thankfully It did not end up worse than it did.

I was riding back from the store, with a very strong wind that kept forcing me out into the middle of the traffic lane in spite of all my skill, and traffic was starting to back up behind me. To say that I was "Stressed" is putting it mildly....

And then a vehicle going in the opposite direction, the driver yells out "GET OVER!". Without thinking, I snapped back "**** OFF!", a split second after saying it I recognized the vehicle - Can anyone else guess what it was?

(Highlight below for the answer)
    If you said "an unmarked patrol car", you would be right.

Paul Harvey: In a moment, the REST of the story

oh lord, oh lord, oh lord * hyperventilates* That is SO what i would be doing if that were me.
    I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

When someone asks you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer.

Comment

I dont see how you could be blamed for that. A lot of our unmarked police cars are sold to the public.
      Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

indeed. i can understand why you would think it's some driver being a twat
        instead of a police officer.

and .. you never know it could have been both

Comment

Ouch. That's rough, man. Hope you packed plenty of lube.
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth surreal20 View Post
            oh lord, oh lord, oh lord * hyperventilates* That is SO what i would be doing if that were me.
            My reaction was to cringe slightly and mutter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDai_G0P_Nc (Yes, in that same tone)

Quoth Whiskey View Post
            I dont see how you could be blamed for that. A lot of our unmarked police cars are sold to the public.
            But this one was brand new.

Fortunately, the confrontation with him (after he turned around and caught up with me) went better than expected. He gave me a 5 minute chewing out about riding that far out in the lane and for holding up traffic, and I heatedly explained that I was TRYING to get back to the side of the road but the side of the bike was acting like a large sail in that heavy wind.
            Last edited by CatsLairArchives; 10-23-2010, 02:31 AM.

Comment

Quoth CatsLairArchives View Post
              And then a vehicle going in the opposite direction, the driver yells out "GET OVER!". Without thinking, I snapped back "**** OFF!"
              yeah that's why my automatic response when someone yells at me while cycling is either-

"I LOVE YOU!"

or

"HAVE AN AWESOME DAY!"

How can you stay mad at such cheeriness? (or insanity)

though wind does suck-and sadly some car drivers do not understand that
              Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Working...
              X