This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Queues don't apply if you are dressed super-smart

Today I had lunch at the cafeteria in the building. Not the best food money can buy, but more than decent - and I was in a hurry.
    I join the (short) queue, wait for my turn, place my order, get my food then join the (still short) queue at the counter, to pay.
    When it is my turn, as I ask for a slice of cake, this very professional-looking man (all suited up, red tie, white hair, leather-looking document bag, you see what I mean) comes in from the door while talking on his phone and walks straight to the front of the queue, next to me: "Macchiato, I'm in a hurry". The lady who is bringing me my cake looks at him and replies "Sorry, let me finish serving him then I'm taking your order". The man behind me, a very nice guy I see every day around the building and often make some small talk with in the elevator - about 2 metres tall, quite muscular and also very professionally dressed - intervenes. "I'm sorry, but I think that I was next". At this point I had been served and paid, but I was sticking around to see what was going on. Well, the cafeteria lady took the order of the gentleman who was properly queueing, while the queue-jumper huffed and puffed... and then of the next in line... and then of the next... with this guy still on the phone and muttering about "only a coffee" or things like this... until he finally realised that he would have been better off joining the queue.
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

*snkr*
    Nice pwnage!
    No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

He obviously mistook your cafeteria for a Starbucks. I've seen this happen more than a few times. I've also had the pleasure of telling the line jumpers that we wait our turn like good boys and girls.

It's fun to use the teacher voice sometimes.
      Random conversation:
      Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
      DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

LOL FMA: I've done that.
        "I want your attention!" "I'm helping a guest." "But I need help NOW." "is it it emergency?" "No." "Well then you're going to wait your turn like a good boy / girl, aren't you?"
        Guests REALLY hate that. LOL I dunno what Darlin does if they line jump. Never got to see it. B just ignores them and helps the customer who was already there.

Cecil: Makes you wanna hug the lady serving eh?
        Last edited by superhotelworker; 10-27-2010, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
          He obviously mistook your cafeteria for a Starbucks. I've seen this happen more than a few times. I've also had the pleasure of telling the line jumpers that we wait our turn like good boys and girls.
          I don't go to Barstucks often, but I always had nice queueing experiences
          And yes, I like to use my teacher's voice too.
          Quoth superhotelworker View Post
          Cecil: Makes you wanna hug the lady serving eh?
          She is great, very nice to nice people and very clear when somebody "misbehaves".
          FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

Working...
          X