This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank Sighting

Today I had an appointment at my bank, I was a bit early and was seated in the reception area with a latte macchiato made by the receptionist, who had worked as a barista, result yummy coffee!
    Enter other customer aka EW.
    EW: I want to talk to Mr. X (Hmmm, that was the guy I had that appointment with...)
    R: Do you have an appointment, Mr....?
    EW: Yes of course!!!!!111!!!!
    R: Let me check Mr. X calendar, please tell me your name.
    EW: hmpf... Mr. EW
    R: I see, well, your appointment was 2 hours earlier, and I'm afraid he is fully booked today.
    EW: WHAT???? Don't you know who I am? I will see him now!!!!!111!1!
    R: I'm sorry, Sir, but I'm afraid this is not possible today. If you'll take a seat for a moment, I'll ask Mr. X about this problem.
    He walked over to the area were I was sitting, slurping my coffee.
    EW: Why is sheeeeeee having a coffee, and you didn't offer me one?
    I was about to answer Because I was on time and didn't behave like an arsehole... luckily for him, Mr. X just came to fetch me.
    Mr. EW tried to take over, but was shot down.
    Mr. X: I'm so sorry, but I'm really busy right now, please make a new appointment sometime next week.
    EW: BLARGHRL I'll never come back to this bank, don't you know who I am????
    This was the point where I had to , the mating call of all SCs and EWs!
    Me: Wanna bet? He'll be back next week?
    Mr. X: *deadpan* I don't do bets when I know I'm gonna lose!

After the appointment, I offered to the receptionist to act as a witness, if Mr. EW would complain about her, just in case...
    No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"Don't you know who I am?"

"Sir, if you are suffering from amnesia I'll be glad to call 9-1-1 for you."
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

EW: WHAT???? Don't you know who I am? I will see him now!!!!!111!1!
      nope, don't know and don't care.

good pwnage by all around. next time, mr. ew, try a new tactic: show up on time.
      look! it's ghengis khan!
      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Mooncat, that line is great!

I was really impressed with the receptionist... she was oh so polite the whole time, and yet Mr. EW hit a brickwall each time...
        No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          "Don't you know who I am?"

"Sir, if you are suffering from amnesia I'll be glad to call 9-1-1 for you."
          Read a story once (Readers' Digest?) wherein some EW tried barging to the head of the line at a ticket counter, and the agent wasn't having any of it. This ensued:

EW: "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM??!"

Agent: (picks up PA mic) "Attention passengers. There is a passenger at Gate 14 who does not know who he is. Anyone recognising him is asked to please identify him to gate personnel. Thank you."

(Probably never happened, and if it did that agent probably got canned for it, but it's still a funny story.)

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
            Read a story once (Readers' Digest?) wherein some EW tried barging to the head of the line at a ticket counter, and the agent wasn't having any of it. This ensued:

EW: "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM??!"

Agent: (picks up PA mic) "Attention passengers. There is a passenger at Gate 14 who does not know who he is. Anyone recognising him is asked to please identify him to gate personnel. Thank you."

(Probably never happened, and if it did that agent probably got canned for it, but it's still a funny story.)
            That was a tea commercial.

Excellent receptionist! She's been well trained by the EWs at the coffee house.
            "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post

That story has been going around the travel industry for *years*. I've always chosen to believe it actually happened, and that the woman who did it was promoted and is currently living a blissful, SC-free life.
              "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I've heard the version where the SC goes "Well, fuck you," which gets a reply of "Sorry, but you'll have to wait in line for that too"
                Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Get all philosophical on him:

"Do you know who I am???"

"Do any of us know who are?"
                  "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Actually, there's two very good ways to answer that question.

"No." (Implication: you're not as famous as you think.)

"Yes." (Implication: I don't care.)

Comment

Working...
                    X