X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Panacea View Post
    May?

I'd start looking now, if for no other reason to negotiate with your land lord when it comes time to renew your lease.

How are apartment rentals in your area. Places where I live are advertising all the time . . .if space is tight where you live, my suggestion may be off base.
    Ditto this.

Maybe call a local Dept. Of Housing. You SHOULD NOT be without heat in winter and with a new baby. Call your landlord ONE more time and tell them you will be taking it further if its not fixed. May is too far away and you and your babys health is at risk.

Comment

if there's no heat you can also get the apartment condemned

though i'm sure that would also mean you can't live there either but...

hey wait. you're paying rent, if utilities are included then he's milking you for heat that you're not getting. therefore yes you do have a legal leverage against him

also consider going here and posting about it http://www.apartmentratings.com/

Comment

I used to live in a basement apartment a number of years ago. Since I was in college there was the random loud music and parties. That didn't bother me too much. What did bother me was when I found out a week after I moved in that the people living above me turned out to be a group of girls that were on the gymnastics team. So randomly, at all hours of the day, girls would start tumbling in the hallway of their apartment. I would hear running, a couple of small thumps, and then a loud bang and the girl would land. Sometimes I marveled in the fact that the floor didn't cave in.

Comment

Do you have to renew the lease? Can you go month to month? Might make things easier until you get the financial situation squared away.

Good luck!
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
            You guys remind me of how lucky I am to no longer live in an apt...
            I don't live in an apartment either. Renting a room from my parents was bad enough--no heat in the winter, lots of noise from relatives, etc. After that, no apartments for me

But, some of their neighbors have been interesting. I've posted about "Chuck and Diane" before. Those would be the drunks who lived where the goofballs live now. Both of them were usually drunk as hell, and were constantly fighting. They'd beat each other up, the kids, and would usually be heard screaming at all hours. They moved out after Chuck got bombed out of his mind, and tried to "fix" the garage door. Seems whatever he was doing, caused the door to collapse...pinning him against the floor Diane got pissed, and actually screamed at the rest of us, because "nobody did anything to help him." The rest of us were all "sorry bitch, we all thought you were fighting again, and tuned you out." They literally moved out the day after that happened.
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
            X