This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Usual for You Guys

I was at the dentists office early and I could hear the receptionist answering the phone. He was mostly quiet til I heard this one. I could only hear one side obviously?

Can I have the phone number for the account?
    The phone number?
    (yelling) PHONE NUMBER
    I need the phone number for the account.
    You don't know your phone number?!?!

I was laughing and thinking of this site but I realize it's probably something you get every single day. My condolences.

I've actually had that guy about 20 years ago. I asked per script 'may I have your home phone number?' he said he didn't know it so I inquired 'Do you ever give it to people?' he said yes, so my next question was " what number do you give them?' he rattled it off and it brought up his correct information (ANI). really was funny.

Comment

I actually forgot my home phone number recently when working with a contractor.

I hardly ever use it. I give it out to those people I don't want to have my cell phone number. That happens so seldom, I sometimes have to think to remember what it is.
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Mom constantly forgets our phone number.

Comment

GK's customers need dental work too.
          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

In all fairness, it does take a while to remember when you get a new cell phone. It took me a while to memorize it when I got my current cell phone.

Yes, if you've had a phone number for any length of time, though, you'd think.....
            The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

I got my new phone August-ish and still can't always remember the number. I just took a different number instead of trying to port my old number over to the new phone.

Once in a store I caught myself giving them my old phone number and only realized halfway through it was my old number. Then I couldn't remember my current number.

Shit, I can't even always remember my e-mail address, which is also new-ish. A few days ago management at the swamp was collecting our e-mail addresses for our friends and family coupons, and I got one of the numbers wrong. Meh, they'll just tell me about it when their e-mail with the coupon bounces.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

My landline phone number was one which I never could remember, but in my defense, I used it mostly to run the dial-up Internet account which I had, and had my cell phone as my "main" number.

Comment

I forgot it yesterday while on the phone with a police dispatcher. I felt like a complete idiot.

Comment

I remember my home phone number because it's super easy and I've had it forever. My cell phone number I've had for 15 years!! I'll never forget it. Hell I remember my old home phone from years ago cause it was easy too. Just lucky I guess.
                    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Heh, I am guilty of this sometimes the reason being is I have horrible luck with phones .. and sometimes phone companies so I've went through 10 numbers in about 3 years (yes I know most have the option to carry the number over, but I never take the option). Sometimes it is hard for me to remember what number I had when I signed up for an account. I try to get them changed as soon as possible to the new number, but a few slip through the cracks.

The mess of why I went through 10 numbers is a long story for another time, and another thread.
                      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I keep two phones - one on contract locally, and one on a UK pre-paid scheme. I can easily remember the number for the local one. The UK spare, not so much.

Fortunately it's easy enough to work around - just make a call from one to the other, don't pick it up, and the number appears on the main phone as a missed call.

Comment

Before I had it properly memorized, I had to look up my brother's cell number to find my own. We got the accounts at the same time, so our numbers are the same except one digit. His ends in 5600 and mine ends in 5800.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Andara, too funny. Bella's ends in 10, Mommy's 11, SIL is 15 and mine is 36.
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I've had the same number for 3 years and I still have trouble remembering it... But then, who calls themself? I've gotten better, though. Paying my bill via the little Kiosk in Verizon stores really helps!
                              Look, a signature!

If every cashier in the world went on strike, retail would come to a screeching halt, even if for a couple hours.

Comment

Working...
                              X