This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Whiskey View Post

And no, I've never had anything leak on anything before.
    I have, though not chemicals. Had a pinprick hole in the bottom of a milk jug. Looked fine when I picked it up, but by the time I got home I had a small puddle of milk in the bag.

Fortunately, the bag did not leak. Sour milk smell in the car would not have been good.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

When I was trained as a baggermany moons ago(was my first job in high school) we were trained, chemicals and food do not go in the same bag at all

Comment

Don't forget the rodent hair.

Quoth Whiskey View Post
        If the bagger was posting here, everyone would agree the OP had no reason to yell and was out of line.
        Considering that everybody including the OP has said that, I think you might be preaching to the choir.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

As somebody who has mild flares of OCD, no putting chemicals in with my food. Ever. I don't really care if they are each individually triple bagged and those bags are all tied..nope..wouldn't touch the food after. I don't mean things like baking soda (which yes I've had somebody pitch a fit about that)..but drain cleaner..bleach..etc no..nope no way. I will bag it first . So I can sympathize with the OP.

I even went SC once when somebody tried to put Decon into a bag with my hamburger..could have handled that much better. (For those who don't know Decon is rat poison).
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I learned when I cashiered at a "Huge" grocery store not to put chemicals with meat/produce/dairy products, and also not to put heavy stuff on top of fragile or smashable items.

I use the same rules as a cashier at the wholesale club, just without bags. Don't put the chemicals next to the meat/produce/dairy products if you can avoid it, etc. I get plenty of customers compliment me on my packing skill.

Except for that guy who apparently worked for the health department. No matter how meticulous I packed his items so no two meat items were touching each other, he still re-packed it. Didn't chew me out or lecture me or otherwise be a SC, just re-organized it in a way that seemed to be more or less the same way I did it, just in a slightly different pattern.
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
              everyone is aware you eat spiders and bugs in your sleep right? And the FDA allows for a certain amount of insects to be in food? You could eat a black widow in your sleep and die
              Untrue. This link is to a column of the Straight Dope, and explains why it isn't true.

As for bagging chemicals with foods, I don't believe it's a personal preference. It's not about whether or not it's ever happened to you, it's a precautionary measure put in place so it never does happen to you.
              Perhaps it could have been handled better, but I believe you were correct to call the bagger out on it.
              We are actors! We are the opposite of people! -Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead

All we can do is hate. And they ALL deserve it.

Comment

Working...
              X