This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tub thief

I didn't see this one myself, so it's more of a sighting.

Today I was out at the garden register today. It was another gorgeous day and not too busy, mostly because we're down to the point where we've got the trees and bushes on clearance and nothing much worth buying, so I'm just daydreaming between helping customers. One of the head cashiers comes up to me (Huh? They know I exist out there without me reminding them?) and asks if anyone's bought a tub from me. My answer was no, why?

Apparently there was a guy in the store who'd stuffed a bathtub full of expensive drills, then set it upside down on a flat cart so no one could see it had been tampered with. Too bad for him, a memo had gone around the district recently directing everyone to watch out for just this sort of thing, because our region has been getting hit HARD by this lately. AND he got noticed.

He was tracked around the store, and finally tried to get out past the lumber cashier--who wasn't going to check the box, because it was too heavy for her, despite the memo. (Did she not get the warning?) The store manager stepped in and told the guy he was going to check the box, and the guy shot out of the store and left everything behind. I came up on the managers writing up the LP report as I was leaving, and the guy had $1900 worth of merchandise stuffed in the tub, most of it still spider-wrapped! The FES was freaking out because the district LP manager was coming to our store to take the report, and she hates it when he comes even when she's GOT warning because not enough of the cashiers do all of the loss prevention steps.

I think it's about time I actually take that sick time I was considering, because doing my job puts enough stress on my strained wrist as it is. I can't lift bathtubs and cabinets and shift half a pallet's worth of fertilizer or concrete right now. (Most of the cashiers can't do it anyways--lifting that much weight is NOT in our job description.) Thankfully, the FES seems to think I'm being sensible.
    It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

when i worked LP there was a memo that came out about how their was this home brewed device to get around those spider wraps from beeping inturn allowing them to be removed with going off.
    "This job would be great if it wasn't for the f***** customers." - Randell 'Clerks'

Comment

Working...
    X