This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nuissances get around fast

Yesterday, my family and I were sitting in the Starbucks Cafe at our local Barnes & Noble. One of the local homeless guys was pestering the staff. This guy has visited my store in the past to make a nuissance of himself, so I recognized him. I just hoped and prayed that he didn't recognize me or try to approach us because I was in no mood for his nonsense.

I just pretended not to pay any attention to his antics as he ran in and out the cafe entrance a few times. I'm not sure what he was doing, but didn't really care. One time, he came in following one of the female employees chattering away to her. It was obvious the poor woman was trying to get away as they crossed the cafe area. As they got to the steps leading into the bookstore, she turned abruptly and said something to him with a stern expression on her face. The man stood there staring at her as she abruptly turned away and disappeared down one of the aisles. The man continued to stare after her until she was out of sight. Then, he headed down the same aisle.

A few minutes later, he came back through the cafe entrance, stopped halfway between our table and the door, started muttering to himself, then went back outside. He stayed outside the door for quite a while. We finished our drinks and decided to go browsing. As we were looking through the sci-fi section, which is near the cafe, we hear a loud voice coming from the cafe. The guy is at the counter talking rather loudly. I see a manager heading up to the cafe with a phone in her hand. She pulls one of the cafe employees to the side, and they talk a few moments. The manager heads back to the floor, and approaches another manager who also has a phone in his hand. The two managers disappear briefly.

The homeless guy is still talking loudly at the counter. A few moments later, the female manager returns to the cafe and approaches the homeless guy. The homeless guy leaves the building at the cafe entrance. All is quiet for a few moments. The homeless guy enters the building once again. He starts talking very loudly about charging his cell phone, and proceeds to circle around and around looking for an outlet. Apparently, he was unsuccessful because he starts ranting about "piss-poor design" and keeps hunting for an outlet. A few moments later, he leaves again. That was the last I saw of him at Barnes & Noble.

After we left Barnes & Noble, my wife and I decide to walk to Chili's since both businesses share a parking lot. We get seated, receive our food, and start eating. Guess who pops in the door? If you guessed the annoying homeless guy, you guessed correctly. He approaches the bar, and starts chattering to a female bartender. The female bartender disappears to the back, and a male bartender emerges from the back moments later. The male bartender says something to the homeless guy, and homeless guy leaves. That was the last I saw of him for the night.
    The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Male bartender told homeless guy, "If you don't get out and stay out I'm [kicking your ass] or [calling the cops]" My vote is for the former.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
    X