Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh, fun, people must've been hung over today...(long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, fun, people must've been hung over today...(long)

I had a ton of absolutely terrible customers today.
    Once again, thoughts in italics.

I hate our coupons!
    No, seriously. I've ranted at length about them before, and today saw another customer attempt to use two coupons in the same transaction, for two different items.
    "I'm sorry, sir, I can only use one coupon per transaction."
    SC: "Well, then, I'll just buy one now, have you return two, and I'll go get my wife, and another frame, and she'll use the coupon."
    Whatever.
    I do said transaction, take his two extra frames, and he goes off.

Five minutes later, my register's dead, the guy and his wife come by, and he says, loud enough for me to hear, "This little lady'll help you."
    GRRR! Kill!
    I ring his wife out, letting her use the coupon because I seriously do NOT want to have this guy hanging around giving me crap about anything today.
    As soon as that's done, he lets me know he has a return of the same damn frame from another store.
    I swear, I am going to find you at your work and find out how I can best annoy you, sir. I do his return, and see him walk out the door, finally.

This should be on sale, and this, and this, and this!
    Our flier this week advertises Valentines decor as being on sale. It also says, that is limited to plushies, decor, and one other thing.
    These two ladies come into my line, carrying a Valentines flag, and a St. Patrick's flag. I ring both, and give the total.
    L1: "Now wait a minute! That's not right."
    Oh, please, do tell. How is it NOT right?
    L1: "The Valentines stuff is 25% off, according to your flier, and the display where we got the flag. And the other flag should be 40% off."
    Okay, I have no customers in line, I'll play along, and go to check out the Valentines display, which says absolutely NOTHING about flags!
    RJ: "Ma'am, that discount only applies to decor, and those other two things."
    L1: *snarling now* "And flags aren't decor?"
    NO, they'd be FLAGS!
    L1: "Call your manager!"
    So, I do, MOD J comes up to my register, looks over the flier, and says to give them the discount. So I do, and, as they said the St. Patrick's stuff is 40% off as well, I discounted that the same way.
    L1 hands me a coupon.
    RJ: "I don't think I can use that coupon now, as they're both on sale."
    L1: *absolutely CBF, and I could hear the hiss of air as it happens* "WHAT?!"
    RJ: "You said they were both on sale, so I fixed that in the system."
    L1: "No, the Valentine's flag is on sale, the other one is supposed to be 40% off with the coupon."
    YOU NEVER ONCE SAID 'WITH THE COUPON!" You only said it was 40% off!
    *void, re-ring the flag, use the coupon* "Your total is $XX.XX."
    L1: "WHAT? That's still too much!"
    What the crap? Now you die! You got a sale that wasn't actually on the item, I fixed your coupon, what the hell else do you really want from me you ungrateful shrew!
    But she paid anyway, and left.

And once again, the Zip code!
    A woman hopped into my line right behind the coupon guy, I rang her out smooth and easy, until I got to the point where I ask for a zip code.
    B1: "I just want to get the f*ck out of here, give me my change and leave me the f*ck alone!"
    (Side Note: All the cashiers had to sign something recently that, if we don't ask for a zip code, or just make something up, we can have disciplinary action taken upon us, up to and including termination!)
    *enter 99999 as zip, give b*tch her change, and shut up*

Also, I had a lady come through my line with her son in the seat of her cart, to whom I gave a small wave and said, "Hi!" Said kid started bawling his eyes out. Oh, sh*t.
    Mother was extremely understanding, however, and let me know he was getting tired, and was shy, too.
    Last edited by Imogene; 02-06-2008, 04:34 AM. Reason: Spelling demons! All over the place!
    "I call murder on that!"

I'll give my zip code if that's all that's asked, especially if it's asked nicely. If the cashier demands my zip, they get '44444,' which is a valid zip in my state. It's just not mine. That reaction, however, was completely uncalled for. I don't care how much of a hurry you're in, you don't need to be rude about it. Sheesh

Quoth Juwl View Post
    Also, I had a lady come through my line with her son in the seat of her cart, to whom I gave a small wave and said, "Hi!" Said kid started bawling his eyes out. Oh, sh*t.
    Mother was extremely understanding, however, and let me know he was getting tired, and was shy, too.
    I get that a lot. The reasons I've been given are A: I have a beard and the kid isn't used to beards, B: I'm a large man and they're freaked out (must've been traumatized by a mall Santa) or C: I have fangs. Now, my canine teeth are longer than average, but still... Fangs? I didn't even smile that broadly at the kid!
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
      (Side Note: All the cashiers had to sign something recently that, if we don't ask for a zip code, or just make something up, we can have disciplinary action taken upon us, up to and includingtermination!)
      Holy fuck, you're kidding?
      Stupid zip code.

Of course, unless they are standing right over us, how would they know if we asked?
      It's not like you CAN ...NOT enter the zip code. The thing holds the receipt hostage. The transaction will not complete without a 5 digit number.

Stupid rule.
      you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
        "This little girl'll help you."
        Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you very tall, and by no means "little"?
        "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

For a few months before I left the US, I'd give 38258. It's a legitimate zip code in Tennessee.

BTW, if you're curious why ... look on a phone dial. It spells something unpleasant intended for the marketeers who slow down store transactions.
          "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth simplyanother View Post
            Holy fuck, you're kidding?

Of course, unless they are standing right over us, how would they know if we asked?
            I have no idea how they know. We've also been told that, if we make up a zip code, we can get fired. "Dude, I put in whatever zip code the customer tells me. If it's fake, it's because they gave me a fake zip code. Sorry, but I have no fucking clue what all the zip codes in the country are, and, if I did, I think I'd be better off serving something like the FBI, cause I could probably break codes for them with that kind of memory."

Quoth cinema guy View Post
            Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you very tall, and by no means "little"?
            6'5", give or take a few inches, in flats. He was just trying to piss me off.
            Last edited by Imogene; 02-06-2008, 04:35 AM. Reason: I'm telling you, it was spelling demons!
            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
              L1: "WHAT? That's still too much!"
              What the crap? Now you die! You got a sale that wasn't actually on the item, I fixed your coupon, what the hell else do you really want from me you ungrateful shrew!
              And why wouldn't she say that again? Everytime she's said it before, your store threw money at her. Your manager just unintentionally used positive reinforcement to teach her to use that phrase.
              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                B1: "I just want to get the f*ck out of here, give me my change and leave me the f*ck alone!"
                She mustn't have been in that big of a hurry. That sentence took way more time than a simple zip code would've. Whatta biotch.

Comment

I also would have thought that flags were included in "decor" but I wouldn't have kicked up a fuss about it, especially as I wouldn't have been buying it in the first place.
                  The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                    I also would have thought that flags were included in "decor"
                    Usually, by Monday, anything on sale in the paper for the week is already ringing up on sale, if not, too bad, so sad, it ain't gonna happen.
                    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
                      I'll give my zip code if that's all that's asked, especially if it's asked nicely. If the cashier demands my zip, they get '44444,' which is a valid zip in my state. It's just not mine. That reaction, however, was completely uncalled for. I don't care how much of a hurry you're in, you don't need to be rude about it. Sheesh
                      I always use "12345" ... good old Schenectady (bad spelling... lol) New York
                      Always fun getting the odd looks from cashiers that know you're BS'ing them, but still comes up as a valid zip

Comment

Working...
                      X