X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello (gosh, what an original title).

Hi, I'm new here.
    I don't really have a story to relate. Yet. It's not that I don't have any stories of Sucky Customers, but that none rises above the rest, like the cream on unhomogenized milk.
    See, where I work, we keep score, and a score under 3 a shift is incredably rare, despite only about 100-150 customers between 2 cashiers.

Longer introduction:

I work "third shift" (10pm to 6 am) at a convenience store. It is a national (in fact, international) chain, and the store is corporate owned. there are always 2 people on duty from 12 to 4, though occasionally from 10 to 11 or 10 to 12 I will be alone.
    As I said, we see few customers, and most of them between 10 and 12.
    And most of the customers we get are decent.
    Then there are the drunks, the annoying people, the folks I've taken to calling "time wasters", and those extreme cases I call the "martians"; those people so crazy they shouldn't be out unsupervised.

I am actually an Assistant Manager in our store, a post I got largely through attrition: I have not quit, have not been fired, show up for work on time every day I'm scheduled, and often will come in to cover for someone who failed at one of the above. And the company budgets a certain amount for "training" employees, and after passing a handful of "classes" you get promoted to "certified" Sales Associate, then "Senior", then "Assistant Manager", which they needed another because the Manager was taking maternity leave, and the current Assistant couldn't run the whole store by himself. (In fact, we're allowed to have 3 Assisstant Managers, but every time somebody gets clost to becoming our third, they either quit or get fired.

Anyway, I've been lurking for a few weeks (I was lured in by the Jenny Breeden comic), and I know I'm going to want to post something eventually, so I figured I'd go ahead and join.
    Hopefully, something comically brilliant will happen in the next few days and I can share it.

Ah, who needs stories...jump on in and comment on everyone elses! I've found that I don't often have stories worthy of starting new threads, but then I start reading and they come flooding back as I'm reminded by someone else's story...so a lot of my stories end up as responses to other threads...

Anyway, !
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

to CS, SpyOne.

Great posts!
      Glad you've joined us.

Sorry I didn't stop by sooner.
      (Lots of catching up to do with my reading.)
      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
      X