This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think you are Spiderman

Sorry this is so long I thought you guys would get a kick out of it, this happened last summer

Ok so one of the concerts I was working the front doors as always. Anyways the opening band hadn't even started playing when a couple of my guys inside drag out this idiot that is completely drunk off his ass. As they are walking back inside they point at the guy and let me know he is not allowed in.

So a crowed of people come up to the door with there tickets and Drunk Boy (DB) tries to slip in with them. I stick my arm out and block him telling him that he is not allowed back into the building because he was thrown out. DB didn't even say anything he just stumbled back away from the door. I let the rest of the group in each of them are all kind of laughing at DB as he leans against the wall contemplating trying to get back in.

AS more people walk through the door again DB tries to slip in and we repeat the scene from above. After the third try I got mad and yelled at him to get away from the front doors.

A couple minutes later I am tearing more tickets I look up and notice the people in line are no longer trying to come in the door but instead watching something on the side of the building. I step out the door leaving only one person to tear tickets to see what is going on DB has gone to the wall about 30 feet from the door where a second story window is open and is now trying to climb the wall to get into through the window. Now this building was made from an old airport hanger so there isn't a lot to hang onto. DB got his fingers on a ledge about 4 feet below the window and he is swinging his feet trying to get them onto this 2 inch ledge. Behind me I hear someone yell look it's Spiderman and I start to laugh and walk over to DB.

Me: Dude get down
    DB: What?
    Me: Get down from there, there is no way you are going to be able to climb that wall and you where already told you where not allowed in.
    DB: Didn’t you hear the guy over there I am Spiderman and I want another drink
    ME: Not happening get down NOW

At this time the director of security (DS) has walked up front and see DB hanging from the wall.

DS: You heard the lady Spiderman get down
    DB: you guys suck ok I will get down

and he drops down. I got back to tearing tickets. Again a little while later the line is again watching to the side so I step out and look . . . . . yep you guessed it DB is playing Spiderman again. So I radio to DS

Me: Princess to DS Spiderman is back
    DS: What?
    Me: Spiderman is trying to climb the wall again.
    DS: Oh ... on my way

DS walks out I hear yelling but I am trying to get people in since the opening band is about to start. DS walks back and tells me it is all taken care of.

The opening band comes on and I don't see anymore of DB. Until just before the headlining band comes on. One of the cleaning crew staff (CC) walks up to me

CC: dude I was sitting in my car smoking and this guy just walked up tried opening the back door when it didn't work he opened my front door and tried to climb in right on top of me. I pushed in out and yelled at him to get away but now he is trying to get into other cars.
    Me: Lovely, let me get DS and the cops out here . . . . DS can you get a sheriff and come to the front doors we have someone trying to get into cars
    DS: On my way

DS walks out into the parking lot with a sheriff and they come back with DB walking/ stumbling in between them

Me: Dude Spiderman?
    DB: I can't find my car
    DS: he says he can't find his car and he wanted to lay down so I am going to pull out this bench and he can lay on the bench over here until his friend comes out looking for him.
    Me: you sure?
    DS: yeah you have a radio and we search him he hasn't taken anything

Right on que DB stupid friend (SF) comes to the door.

SF: I know the sign says no re-entry but I can't find my friend last time I saw him he was really drunk can I please step out and look for him real quick
    Me: When was the last time you saw your friend?
    SF: Before the first band came on
    Me: What was he wearing?
    SF described DB closes so I point him out to SF.

SF: Can I run him to my car and then come back in
    Me: Yeah I will let you this time if it means keeping Spiderman out of trouble
    DB: He he she called me Spiderman, I'M SPIDERMAN!!!!!
    SF: Your wasted you will need to sleep it off in the car
    DB: OK

So SF comes back and I am hoping that would be the last of DB. . . . . Opps I was wrong while the band is on stage I look over towards the security office door which is always locked from the outside. There's DB pulling on the handle, the he turns and is trying to pull out a fence post like he is going to beat the door in.

Me: Hey . . . . . Hey get away from that door
    DB: i want to see this band though [Still pulling on the fence post good thing it's cemented in, but I still don't think it would break a steal door]
    Me: Step away from the door NOW you are the verge of being arrested
    DB: You can't stop me [At this point it clicks in my head he might not be planning on using that fence post on the door but possibly me {give me a break I had already worked 16 hours} so I decide to call for help]
    Me: DS i need help up front right now and you will want to bring a sheriff with.
    DS: I'll be there in 10 seconds

DB hears me call on the radio and turns towards me and starts walking, now me in me I am so tough wisdom had already been walking towards him until it registered what he could do with the fence post he never got out.

Me: You need to go back to your buddy’s car right now
    DB: I am not going back to the car

He keeps walking towards me and I back up to the front doors.

DB: I am going inside, and you are not going to stop me this time
    Me: No you are not going back inside you where kicked out for a reason and you have been nothing but trouble for me all night and now you have pissed me off.

DB takes a step towards me and raises his hand, I am concentrating on what DB is doing so close I didn't notice someone had come up behind him. All of a sudden DB flies back a couple feet standing in front of him is DS and a sheriff the sheriff is handcuffing DB but at the same time scolding DS for grabbing DB like he did.

DS response "But the Asshole was about to hit my wife."

I guess I forgot to mention at this time the director of security was my husband

I lost count of how many different times and different ways this clown tried to get back into the club.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

The woes of working the door of a concert...You're lucky he didn't shit himself, I worked the door for a convention concert, my fiance throws a guy out, guy lands on the floor in front of me and shits himself.

Drunk, of course. Why get that drunk at a concert? You won't remember the band even if you do get to stay in!
      Would you like a Stummies?

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
        I lost count of how many different times and different ways this clown tried to get back into the club.

Oh you'd be surprised.

I was at a club, well the DJ that plays on the night me and my friends went did this thing called the "1 o'clock mosh".

Now usually, on that night they'd play Industrial, Synth Pop, Drum and Bass, stuff like that. However, at 1am he would play some good old fashion thrash metal (Usually Ministry).

Well, this one dumbass WILLINGLY goes into the mosh pit, ACCIDENTLY takes an elbow to the side of the head, and FREAKS out. He attacks the guy that did it, the bouncer walks over, splits them apart, tells the guy who got attacked to lay off (he was understandably pissed). The dumbass then starts fighting with the bouncer, who's twice his size.

The bouncer just manhandles the guy and throws him out the back door (which I didn't even know existed until this point). Well the dumbass immediately runs off towards the front door. The bouncer realizes what he's trying to do and races through the club to the front door himself. (Me and my friends followed because we wanted to see the guy get his ass kicked).

The dude tries to get back through the door, and the bouncer is RIGHT there, and pushes him back outside. So then the dumbass LUNGES at him. The bouncer sticks out one arm, grabs the guy by his neck, picks him up off the ground, and HURLS him about 5 feet straight onto the concrete. At that point he finally gave up, especially once he realized that the police always park outside of the club next door

Best part, during all of this the guy ending up losing a shoe, a leather bracelet, and his jacket.

He only got the shoe back as someone threw it at him from the outside patio area the club had. Smacked him right in the head too.

It was so stupid for him to do that... I mean it's like "DUDE! It's a mosh pit you don't go into without expecting to get hit... it's kinda how it works.
        <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

Oh my dog.

I definetly know where you're coming from. On my birthday, at bar close, we were walking out, and there were two cop cars that were parked right in the middle of the road and the cops were standing outside of the cars with their hands on their hips. I asked one of my friends why are they here? What are they waiting for?

There's some problems with bar fights at bar close. Well, bar fights can happen at anytime, but some people get truly enraged when they are told it's bar close and they have to leave. I guess some people just start fights over it

So that's why the cops stakeout until everyone is gone from the bars.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

It was always amusing seeing idiots get thrown out back in the arena days.
            The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth marty View Post
              The woes of working the door of a concert...You're lucky he didn't shit himself, I worked the door for a convention concert, my fiance throws a guy out, guy lands on the floor in front of me and shits himself.

Drunk, of course. Why get that drunk at a concert? You won't remember the band even if you do get to stay in!
              There was one drunk guy at one of the concerts that was thrown out. He stood there telling me he had a bachlors degree in something special I am not sure what anymore. And the entire time he was pissing all over his pants. I looked at him and asked "If you are so smart why did you just piss yourself?"

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                there were two cop cars that were parked right in the middle of the road and the cops were standing outside of the cars with their hands on their hips. I asked one of my friends why are they here? What are they waiting for?
                What? They don't also check for people trying to drive drunk?
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                  What? They don't also check for people trying to drive drunk?
                  I have seen a lot of cops sit outside of bars and watch for people that are visibly drunk to get in there cars and try drving. I got pulled over by a cop once that was doing that, he thought I was drunk because my tire of my SUV hit the curb when I went around the corner, but if my tire hadn't hit the curb I would have hit his car instead, I though the curb was the safer bet. . . . I guess not

Comment

Quoth Lingering Grin View Post
                    It was so stupid for him to do that... I mean it's like "DUDE! It's a mosh pit you don't go into without expecting to get hit... it's kinda how it works.
                    kinda off topic, but mosh pits have changed since I was into the concert scene, for what i think is the worse... before, you'd go into a mosh pit, and everyone would be bouncing off of each other.

now you got retards who just stand there and swing their arms and legs wildly. I HATED it when people started that. so i started watching the show and stopped moshing when that style of mosh became popular.

sorry for the off-topic rantage.

but more on topic...

and eh, i never had a run in with security... even tho i've jumped a few walls in my day.

Comment

Quoth CorDarei View Post
                      kinda off topic, but mosh pits have changed since I was into the concert scene, for what i think is the worse... before, you'd go into a mosh pit, and everyone would be bouncing off of each other.

now you got retards who just stand there and swing their arms and legs wildly. I HATED it when people started that. so i started watching the show and stopped moshing when that style of mosh became popular.
                      Oh this wasn't like that, that's at a hard core show. This was at a club. The elbow was an accident, the guy just turned around to fast.

but still, you kinda have to expect that sort of thing when you have a few dozen people thrashing out in close proximity to each other.

Comment

Oh this wasn't like that, that's at a hard core show. This was at a club...
                        well, i've seen some hard core shows at clubs

Comment

Oh this wasn't like that, that's at a hard core show. This was at a club. The elbow was an accident, the guy just turned around to fast.
                          Yes, while it may not look like it, no one is trying to seriously hurt anyone. And if you get knocked down, you'll most likely find several pairs of hands reaching out to help you up.

But accidents can and do happen. I almost got my nose broken once when some big guy flung his arm backwards, and got me across my face. As soon as he realized what happened, he turned around and started apologizing profusely. I wasn't mad, shit happens.
                          Sometimes life is altered.
                          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                          Uneasy with confrontation.
                          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I was security at a concert once at my college, and we were tossing people left and right at one point. Signs *everywhere* about no moshing/crowd surfing. 3 girls tossed for crowd surfing, 10 guys for moshing.
                            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                              I was security at a concert once at my college, and we were tossing people left and right at one point. Signs *everywhere* about no moshing/crowd surfing. 3 girls tossed for crowd surfing, 10 guys for moshing.
                              My friends band actually got permanently banned from one venue because their fans wouldn't stop moshing.

What's funny is in the same area, about 1/2 mile away is another place that doesn't care. They just post two security guys on either side of the crowd, and another 4 in front of the stage. Their job is just to make sure noone gets trampled, and to grab the crowd-surfers before they smash their face into the concrete when they reach the front. lol

Comment

Working...
                              X