Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Power + Free Custard = Stupid People (long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth ktopmil View Post
    You can't make everyone happy. More and more I think thats excaclty what people expect. Not only are we mindless twits, but we are miracle workers too.
    that seems to be a logical contradiction... oh yeah...
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

little bitty black out

One of my few blackout stories: this was during my college days when I worked at the campus 'hemp house.' For those unfamiliar with theater-speak, a hemp house is one that doesn't produce its own shows. It hosts traveling shows & concerts.

I was working security at the Stevie Ray Vaughan concert. My primary job was 'I don't care what you're smoking. You can't smoke it here. The fire marshall will shut us down.' And no, cupping it under your hand does not conceal the glow of the lit tip from showing in the near-absolute darkness that is the upper balcony

Things were just fine during the opening act. There were some amusing incidents but nothing that I had to deal with beyond the petty stuff (see above warning). The intermission was fine.

Then, the announcer says, "Ladies & Gentlemen! Stevie. Ray. Vaughan!" much applause, about 3 notes & their equipment blew the power. For about 5 buildings around, not just us. (they'd been told what the building could handle & brought about 10 whatevers more)

At this point, we, the staff, discovered a few unpleasantries. The recently tested 'emergency exit' lights were failing and fading. Scrims are more fire resistant than fire proof. Only the campus maintenance can reset the breakers. The maintenance crew are at home on the weekends.

Luckily, the crowd was good-natured. They had beer can races in the aisles, but they were good-natured.
      I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

Quoth Catwoman2965 View Post
        Her funniest comment was "if we put shit in a bag, and it was free, people would take it"
        Yeah but if you put a washing machine or couch outside with a sign that says "FREE" no one will take it, change the sign to say "$50" they will jump to buy it and complain that it's not new

Comment

Ain't it the truth? i suppose if its free they think somethings wrong with it like its full of badgers or scorpions or something else unpleseant. but if it costs money you don't need it but its worth owning.

Comment

As far as frozen custard goes, Kopp's Uber Alles is all I have to say
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I have to remember to hit Kopp's next time I'm in WI on Grasshopper day.

I wish I could get free frozen custard.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
              X