Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My story does kind of lose something without seeing the guy who told it. I normally would agree with your assessment, but if anyone would be thinking about hitting someone with a rubber dick even with a gun to their head, it'd be this guy.
    "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

Quoth SportinGoods View Post
      just like you can't walk around completely nude at the zoo where children are present (Not that it would be such a great idea around squirrels anyway).
      Must... Resist... Urge... to... Make... Nut... Jokes...
      "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Not to be a total downer, but the one time the place was robbed in 20 years of business, I was there, at 4 am with another female clerk.
        Please don't get me wrong. Being a clerk at the time of a robbery is a terrifying experience that I wouldn't wish on anyone (Okay, almost anyone), much less have them restrain and threaten harm to the employees. I'm glad you both were okay. I see adult stores being robbed in the police blotter quite a bit. I guess there's a perception that they have oodles of money just laying around.
        Last edited by Ree; 02-06-2008, 02:44 AM. Reason: Excessive quoting
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
          I guess there's a perception that they have oodles of money just laying around.
          Maybe the thought is that few people want a record of what they purchase at an adult store, so they use cash instead of credit cards. The store therefore might have much more cash than a Quickie Mart in the thief's eyes. The thief may also think he/she will blend in more with the other people in the store who might also be trying to avoid having their faces seen by security cameras.
          "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
          .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

8. "Honey, you people like this don't you?"

It's one thing to be racist, but to be dumb as a board, pretty, and racist in a sex shop still confounds me. This white woman came in, dressed to the nines for 3 am in designer jeans, carrying a knockoff handbag. She was accompanied by her african american boyfriend who looked like he was just trying to get her home to get lucky. The woman picks up a watermelon flavored lube off the rack and holds it up in her hand stating pretty loudly that he would love this because "you people like watermelon". I wasn't aware that I was staring at the poor girl completely dumbstruck that she'd even said something like that. The statement that came next completely threw me for a loop. "What are you looking at honkey?"

Some people are just flipping ridiculous.
            Actually I would have laughed at that. I'd assume that one was her just joking around. Jokes like that can just be in good fun, and if someone was staring at me after I made such a joke, I'd be tempted to say the same thing to them. A white person calling another white person "honkey" after making a joke about black people liking watermelon is just funny.

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
              I'd just like to note that my drive to work takes me past an adult store that has a sign out the front advertising "50% off second-hand merchandise". Surely that's unhygenic.
              I think my brain just died.
              "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

2. "But it's from the DMV!"

A paper printout, school ID card, grocery discount card and your business card do not prove your age, and I wont take them as evidence of it. Yes, you may well have four kids but that doesn't amount to a state ID.
                I can see where someone would get upset with this one, where I live when you renew your ID or get another ID they give you a temporary paper ID and then mail you the new ID once it it made which can take up to 30 days. So I would be upset if you didn't accept the ID that the government gave me as an ID until they mail me the plastic one.

AS for working in an Adult store, my little sister used to work at one that was open 24 hours there are only 2 stories i remember her telling. One was a regular who used to come in with different girls on leashes and would spank them with the paddles. The other was a little old lady that wandered in the store in the middle of the night asking where she could get a cup of coffee (note this store is across the street from a 7-eleven) When they told her where to go she asked if they knew of anything that would help her stay awake on a long drive. At some point this little old lady decided the best thing to keep her awake on a long drive was a vibrating key chain that looked like a part of the male anatomy. I am not sure how much attention she was paying to the road on the rest of her drive.

Comment

Quoth princess4life View Post
                  I can see where someone would get upset with this one, where I live when you renew your ID or get another ID they give you a temporary paper ID and then mail you the new ID once it it made which can take up to 30 days. So I would be upset if you didn't accept the ID that the government gave me as an ID until they mail me the plastic one.
                  Do you live in Texas? I've lived all over the country and that's the only state I ever experienced that in. They took my Idaho ID, told me my Texas ID would be mailed to me in 30 days, and gave me a worthless piece of paper. I couldn't do anything with that piece of paper. No one would accept it, not for alcohol, or to cash my checks. Also, later on I had my purse taken about a week before I had to fly back to Idaho to my sister's wedding. They couldn't get me an ID in time, and the airline wouldn't accept the piece of paper. I lost a perfectly good airline ticket because of that. I had to drive to Idaho (without a license).

I left shortly after that, I was so disgusted with the entire experience. In every other state I've lived in, you go into the DMV and you leave with an ID. ID is necessary just to function daily. I never understood why Texas had to make you wait 30 days.
                  Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Comment

Quoth ThePhoneGoddess View Post
                    Do you live in Texas?
                    We have (or used to when I started driving) the same thing in South Australia. The paper license is only good if you get pulled over and asked for your license.
                    Last edited by Ree; 02-06-2008, 02:45 AM. Reason: Excessive quoting

Comment

Do you live in Texas?
                      New York does that too.
                      Last edited by Ree; 02-06-2008, 02:45 AM. Reason: Excessive quoting

Comment

Glock had the saftey on though, isn't that disturbing?
                        *puts on gun nut hat*

GLOCKs don't come with a conventional safety, they have a lever in the trigger making the only safety the one between the person holding it's ears, it's really a good thing you didn't act on that thought

Comment

I'd just like to note that my drive to work takes me past an adult store that has a sign out the front advertising "50% off second-hand merchandise". Surely that's unhygenic.
                          That's just wrong.

Now.

Faster.
                          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Who really wants to use a hot pink camo vibrator that someone else has already gotten their jollies off on? BLEH!

Warning: May still contain bodily fluids!
                            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                              Who really wants to use a hot pink camo vibrator that someone else has already gotten their jollies off on?
                              The destitute have a right to pleasure too, you know.

I think I've managed to restrain the dry heaves for now...
                              Last edited by Ree; 02-06-2008, 02:46 AM. Reason: Excessive quoting
                              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

In every other state I've lived in, you go into the DMV and you leave with an ID. ID is necessary just to function daily. I never understood why Texas had to make you wait 30 days.
                                They do it in some parts of Colorado as well. If you go to the main DMV offices in boulder or denver you walk out with a plastic license. If you go to one of the rural county offices you walk out with a piece of paper. I thought it was dumb until a friend told me a few years ago, someone broke into 2 or 3 rural offices and stole the printers. It was cheap and easier for them to pull the machines then to add security.

Comment

Working...
                                X