This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lottery fun

<background> I work at a pizzaria that has a small lottery room </background>
    Sc is a regular who rarely orders any food. he just comes in, drinks our free coffee, and watches the game on the TV. He usually plays a little $ in lottery. Usually not more than 20$.

Few days back SC wins 400$ off 20$. He is very excited. Cool.
    Yesterday he proceeded to put back all but 100$. He said out of the 300$ he played, the machine only gave him back 4$.

Dude is PISSED. There is a little thing in the corner of the lottery screens that says " ODDS: 3:1.0694???? "
    He says this is false advertising. That the owners are crooks, and he will never come in again. That we are just out to steal money from him. He wants me to tell the owners that he will do everything in his power to ruin our buisness.

I having a hell of a time not laughing. I go in back, CW comes around corner crying from laughing so hard.
    We're hanging on each other having a giggling fit.

"Did you see how pissed her was? Hahaha "
    <laughing to hard to respond>

That's the strangest "false advertising" claim I've heard so far!
    Things just get so crazy living life gets hard to do. I would gladly hit the road, get up and go if I knew,that someday it would bring me back to you.

Quoth saint View Post
    That's the strangest "false advertising" claim I've heard so far!
    What?! You mean it's possible to lose at the lottery?

Ripoff! Ripoff!
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

That's hilarious. He finally wins a decent amount and he puts most of it right back in the machine.
      Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
      Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

always quit when you win big.

the thrill of the win is what gets people addicted...

Comment

Lotto is a tax on people who are very, very bad at math.

Comment

Quoth saint View Post
            That we are just out to steal money from him.
            um, yeah, that's what gambling's all about!

(I had a win on my annual lotto ticket last year, got 5 out of 6 numbers and won $1200. It's going towards my wedding in 2009)

Comment

Yeah, there's a reason I won't buy a lotto ticket until the jackpot is obscene. I know one guy who buys some ridiculous amount of scratch off tickets, one day he won $20 and remarked that he 'broke even'. My thought: "you just won $20 off a $20 ticket, and how many of those tickets have you bought in the last year?"
              The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Working...
              X