This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explaining Twice Means You're Lying

This is my first post, so I'm gonna throw you some interesting stories, in which the names have been changed to protect the innocent (me) from getting fired.

I work at a call center, it's a very nice place, my coworkers are all very nice people, we make good money, and we're treated like human beings. Let me share with you a little story.

SC: Customer
    Me:

SC: I placed an order with Steve the other day, the imprinting on the papers were incorrect, I need you to send us another order at your cost. I remember it was Steve because I wrote down his name and extension, and I can't get through to his extension, so I pushed the operator button to talk to you.

Me: I'll be happy to assist you with that, let me open the order....okay, it appears that Steve did take your order, what was incorrect about the imprinting on the papers?

SC: I had wanted my Inc. and Ltd. after my name, he only put Inc.

Me: I see in the notes log on the order, it appears he asked you if you wanted both on the order, and the answer was you had only wanted Inc. after your name.

SC: Well you see, I called that first time and said that I only wanted Inc., but then I called back a few minutes later and spoke to someone else, and they were supposed to have changed it.

Me: Well I'm sorry for the confusion with the order Sir, may I please have the name of the person who you asked to change the imprint on your papers?

SC: I already told you it was Steve, I told him that I had wanted my Inc. and Ltd. after my name, he only put Inc.

Me: Sir, I understand you spoke to Steve first, I'm asking about when you called in the second time, which you just explained to me.

SC: I didn't tell you I called in a second time, I called in the first time and told Steve my order.

Me: Sir you just told me that you called in a second time, and you spoke to someone, who had changed the imprint to add the Ltd. after the Inc. So do you remember who you spoke to, or do you remember when you made the call.

SC: Well I forgot to write down the person's name and when I called, but I need this fixed.

Me: Sir, I'm happy to replace this order for you, but I will need to return these items at your cost, because of the situation at hand.

SC: Okay, that's all I wanted in the first place, Thank You for helping me with! ::customer hangs up::

Me: ...urge...to...kill...rising...rising...rising...

Coworker: Breaktime

Me: ...urge...to...kill...falling...falling...falling. ..

Quoth Rattslinger View Post
    Me: ...urge...to...kill...rising...rising...rising...

Coworker: Breaktime

Me: ...urge...to...kill...falling...falling...falling. ..
    Ahh, the one word that can change so much.
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Welcome to CS.com Rattslinger. You'll find many call center workers here. I suggest you hunt down any of Gravekeeper's posts. He is a site favorite for many of us. I'm sure you will relate with his incredibly inept customers and his great wit.

Isn't it amazing how stories change the instant these twits realize they are trapped by what they said?

Great first post. You'll fit in nicely here.
      Last edited by bigjimaz; 02-06-2008, 12:59 AM.
      This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
        Ahh, the one word that can change so much.

Have I mentioned my company doesn't allow breaks? You can take a few minutes to grab a drink or whatever, but there is no set 10-15 minute breaks. If you want to take a break, you need to make the time up.

They used to allow smoker breaks, but the nicotine addicts abused the system, ignored the rules, and screwed everyone.
        Just because a customer expects you to put some effort into your job, that does not make them an SC.

Comment

You know, my company has 15 minute structured breaks, but I still know smokers who run outside for 5 minutes or so to catch another smoke. I could understand if you worked a ten or twelve hour shift (you just get 2 twenty minute breaks), but if you work an eight hours shift, the longest you're on the phone for any stretch of time is two hours. I smoke a pack a day and I can even manage that long.

Comment

Its great when customers have amnesia on us, or to think that we don't catch on to the crap they pull. I think you were lucky only in that he had the limited intilect to write down the first person he talked to. Most woudln't have bothered. To them most of the time we are machines and robots, with no feelings or brain function.

* Inacting the steps to reboot, inacting shut down sequence....*
            "They're magically delicious, bitch!"- Kara, http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=34968

Comment

Working...
            X