X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thats a great deal (long)

My first post so be gentle with me

This is a story from my previous job, Great work at a secondhand/collectable toy store, We sold among many other things second hand game systems, all checked and tested of course. Our most popular items in this ection were the old Gameboys, $10 bucks would get you an old Gameboy pocket and $60 would get you a Gameboy SP, ussually we cant jeep them in stock, so we are given orders not to do deals on them unless the customer buys a few other items. In walks an older gentleman with his family, his kid spies the gameboy and asks for it,

SC- Customer
    Me- Well....Me

SC- How much is the....game thing? (he waved his hand in the general direction of several game things)

Me- The Gameboy? (it is easy enough to guess judging by the kids focus on it)

SC- Whatever, the blue thing there

Me- Yes the Gameboy SP, that'll be $60

SC- Sixty, it's second hand

Me- new it would cost twice that (true, it was at the time still the latest thing) and it's in great condition, battery charger and everything

SC- (sighs) Whats the best you can do

Me- Sorry sir, i can't take any off the price, if you want to buy a game or 2 i can do you deal though

The SC at this point spies the discount game section, and points to two $5 games,

SC- Ill take those and ill give you $40 the lot

Me- (trying not to smirk) I cant do that sir, The gameboy and the games $60 (ill give him the games to sell the system)

SC- That's bullsh*t

Me- Sir launguage, this is a toystore (albeight empty of customers at the time)

SC- (grumbles to himself a few more choice words) what do i have to buy to get a good deal,

Me - (refusing the obvious answer 'the as-new gameboy in your hands, and wanting him to buy the system and get out) If you buy the gameboy sir ill give you any 1 game from this shelf (i wave my hand over the $20 shelf)

SC - thats all, Thats Bullsh*t, i can get this cheaper at Kmart

Me - Kmart is currently selling this for $120 with no games sir, this comes with everything even the box, and i have to ask you not to swear sir, this is a childrens store.

SC - (sighs) $60 and you'll throw in that Pokemon Game

Me - That game is $45 dollars sir, $85 and you have a deal (wanting very much to hit him)

SC - $60 the pair or i walk out

Me - Have a good day sir (i place the Gameboy back on display and turn to another customer who gas just walked up) How can i help you?

SC - $65

Me- Im helping this gentleman sir, $85 not negoitable

SC - You hadn't finished with me

Me - (i ask the new customer to hold on then go back to the SC) actually sir we had concluded our business, now the price is $85

SC - $70

Me- No sir, $85 if you would like a moment to think ill be helping this gentleman

SC - WHAT A HEAP OF SH*T STORE, RIPPING PEOPLE OFF WITH SECOND HAND CRAP I COULD BUY THAT AT F*CKING KMART FOR LESS

Me- You are welcome to try sir, Now get out (swearing in store a big no no)

SC - YOU CANT SAY THAT TO ME! I WANT BETTER F*UCKING SERVICE, YOU WILL SELL TO ME

Me - Sir i have asked you leave, dont make me call centre security

SC - THIS IS PUBLIC PROPERTY YOU CAN'T F*CKING KICK ME OUT

Me- This is private property sir, i can and do refuse to serve you because of your behaviour, Now if you dont leave i will call secuirty and have you banned from the centre

SC- THIS IS F*CKING SHIT, IM GOING TO KMART, F*CK YOU (at this point Stevo the security officer for our section pokes his head in the door, and asks the gentleman to step outside)

An hour later his kid comes back to buy the Gameboy and pokemon game, he did apologise for his dad's behaviour and tell me he had recived a months ban from the centre and all centre owned property, the kid was pretty upset by the whole thing, so i knocked another $5 off the price.

So how did i go, just FYI, i do talk like that at work, if only because it pisses the SC's so much and i am entirely in the right if the proverbial hits the fan.

You should learn "Jester: The How To Haggle(with the customer)
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth plan9au View Post
      SC- Ill take those and ill give you $40 the lot
      What was that, sir? You'll buy the system and two brand new games for $150? Man, you're an awesome negotiator.

By the way, welcome to CS, you did alright for your first foray. Hope to see many more stories from you.
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth plan9au View Post
        Me - That game is $45 dollars sir, $85 and you have a deal (wanting very much to hit him)\
        Excuse the language but OMFG. When I brought a gameboy advance and pokemon saphire a little while ago, it cost me the equiv of about 250 USD (the system itself was nearly 200)
        MMO Addicts group

Comment

that poor kid; at least he has some sense and i hope it stays that way.

excellent handle of that particular idiot and his inability to understand pricing of second hand items.
          look! it's ghengis khan!
          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

I have to say that was absolutely sweet! You let him screw himself! Priceless!
            I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

Working...
            X