This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Send Shipping Tracking Number

Hi CSers, it's been a few years since I've had to deal with customers full time so I don't know if I still deserve to use this space to sound off about them but I had an intriguing EvilBay one the other day. English was clearly not his first language so I wouldn't want to be too harsh but I feel this one just goes to show that even if they have to stop and take the time to think bloody hard about translation and have the joy of using email (so time to pause and use any tools you like to make things easy), once a customer gets an idea in their head there's no dislodging it:

(names have been removed to protect the guilty)

Customer: Hi how are you so far I can not reach the block if I can send a shipping tracking number?
    Customer (five minutes later): Hi so far the item is not shipped what it ??
    Customer (another five minutes later): I want to send me a shipping tracking number. The number that exists is a mistake number. Please confirm the tracking number and send it to me

Me:

Hi Customer

Thanks for your message.

I can confirm that the item has been posted and the tracking number NUMB3R is correct. Please see the attached proof of postage which shows that the item was dropped off with Royal Mail on Sat 08th Jun and would have been in transit on Mon 10th Jun. You can view your postcode on this slip to show that this is your parcel.

On the RM tracking site the number returns the message "An update will only be provided when we attempt to deliver your item " (just above the box where you enter the number). This means that the item is being shipped but has not been delivered yet. It is very unusual and I'm sorry for the length of time this is taking. Can you confirm that the building is open for delivery and someone is there to receive the package?

Royal Mail allow up to 10 working days for delivery so I will watch the tracking online and if the package has not arrived by Friday i will give you a refund in full.

Many Thanks

Customer: Send full pictures.
    Customer (five minutes later): I can send full picture shipping tracking number not it.

Me:
    Hi Customer,

I'm not sure what you mean by 'full pictures' there is only one proof of postage and it was in the previous email. The only information not on the previous photograph are adverts for the Post Office. Please see attached. The tracking number is not on the proof of postage which is why I have provided it to you separately.

Can you please confirm that the address (PLACE) is accessible for delivery and that someone has been there to receive it?

Customer: No trace number is found in the image

Me:
    Hi Customer,

That is the proof of postage. As I have explained this does not contain the tracking number. This proves that a parcel has been sent to the address you specified. The tracking number is #NUMB3R. If you enter this into the RM website at https://www.royalmail.com/track-your-item#/ it returns a message which states that "An update will only be provided when we attempt to deliver your item ". This means that the parcel is in transit but they haven't attempted to deliver it yet.

One reason for this might be that the building is not accessible. I have viewed the building on Google Maps and it appears to be a warehouse which is why I have asked you whether you can tell me that the building is open to accept deliveries. If you answer this, it will help me to understand what has happened to your parcel.

Customer (five minutes later): Hello, my brother, the shipping tracking number you gave me. If you can look at the pictures, how does the tracking number start and how does it end?
    Customer (one minute later): Look! (attaches screenshot of Royal Mail website)

Me:
    Hi Customer,

I've attached three screenshots from the Royal Mail tracking screen. In the first I've put the number in for you. The second shows the tracking information returned. In the third I've highlighted the tracking information for you. This shows that it has not been delivered yet. The tracking number is NUMB3R. Please note that the '0's are the number zero not the letter.

You do not need to worry my friend. If Royal Mail have lost it for ten working days I will give you a full refund and that is on Friday. I'm sorry this has taken some time.
    I would also be grateful if you could confirm that you or someone you know is at the building and able to receive delivery.

*Friday comes, parcel not showing delivered, refund processed.*

Customer: Send shipping tracking number.
Working...
X