This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A custy I wish I could fire

Sorry I took so long, but I finally caught up on garden/yard work that I neglected during the delayed tax season.

This SC latched onto me after T got the well-deserved axe. She is an entitled cheapie who consistently tries to browbeat us into giving her the lowest rate possible, despite itemizing and having multiple state returns. T had been doing some questionable deductions, now off the table with TCJA.

Well SC's W-2 showed an unusually low withholding, which meant that she would be owing in the low 4 figures. As her refund from last year was intercepted, we were stiffed for her fee from that year. SC argued almost every step of the way, including claiming that her withholding "is not right" (yes, I find it easy to believe that the low figure was erroneous--regulations require the employer to issue a corrected W-2 as soon as the error is found). I'm still waiting to hear from her (and that will be a considerable wait as I turned in my key July 15th) and will not lose sleep if I never do.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

One thing I keep hearing about the next stimulus package, if it EVER goes through, is maybe a reduction or removal of income taxes on paychecks. I do NOT like that idea, that has got to screw up the refund next year! There is no way they are going to suspend taxes and not want them paid back later.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I know they're talking about eliminating or reducing Social Security and maybe medicare/aid taxes...? Can't speculate as to the motivation behind it because that goes on Fratching; too contentious
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
      X