This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midwest CSers - Stay safe

Weather reports for the Great Plains don't look too good right now. Stay safe, and check in when you can.
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

I'm in north central Iowa. It's been rumbling, rainy and windy here most of the night. The worst, unfortunately, seems to be southwestern Iowa, Nebraska, and Kansas. A (possible) tornado struck the town of Creston, Iowa, damaging the hospital there. No injuries reported yet though. Keeping everyone in the line of the worst of the storms tonight in my thoughts!
    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

My mom has been watching news all night. If possible, can Kansas people pleeeeaaaase check in? I heard about 70 tornadoes in Witchita area, and a hospital is gone. I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but I wanted to illustrate how much we need to keep Kansas in prayers/good thoughts.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Kansas people check in!

I'm on OK and as much doom and gloom as they were saying, it was just uber windy.
        https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

I hope everyone is OK.

A friend of mine in Potwin, KS was spare but apparently Towanda, Witchita, and El Dorado (all in KS) were hit hard with tornadoes.

I'm checking though other FB feeds for other reports.

I need to make sure my homeowner's insurance is current, I'm actually apprehensive about this hurricane season with all these severe and devastating storms hitting the midwest now.

Edit: CNN is reporting that 97 tornadoes touched down in Kansas last night.

They're also saying people in Green Bay, Chicago, St Louis, Little Rock, and Houston need to watch out today.

Edit: Thurman, Iowa was severely hit.
          Last edited by draggar; 04-15-2012, 02:23 PM.
          Quote Dalesys:
          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

St Louis checking in...

so far its nice and sunny outside...but like all things this can and will change...

Weather.com com says we will get it after 3pm...

We shall see...

Comment

Nothing but rain the past two nights, the news was making up a lot of brouhaha about severe storms late last night and supposedly into today.

I'll unplug anything that doesn't have a surge protector to be safe (because whenever I forget, I regret it), but I won't let it stop me from driving to my boyfriend and parents' places today.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Nothing here in the north country. Just rain today.

We might get some snow tomorrow, though.
                "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

I got word from Kara, she's alright.
                  https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Glad to hear Kara is alright. Anyone heard from any of our other Kansas CSers? On a related note, I went for a walk today and it is warm, humid and windy. Blowing in more storms, I think. The sky looks like a greyscale version of a blue sky with white clouds, almost as if someone took a picture on a sunny day, then made it black & white. Sort of eerie, really.

Edit: There's a tornado watch that starts just one county north of here. I knew I had a bad feeling about this!
                    Last edited by BrenDAnn; 04-15-2012, 08:48 PM.
                    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                      They're also saying people in Green Bay, Chicago, St Louis, Little Rock, and Houston need to watch out today.
                      St. Louis is starting to look dismal. *eyes her window and backs away* Grey out, winds picking up, no rain yet but it's supposed to come soon. At least the game is almost over so it won't get ruined. Go Cards!
                      "Oh, the strawberries don't taste as they used to and the thighs of women have lost their clutch!"

Comment

Tornadoes scare me...even the relatively small ones we usually get here. I hope you all are safe.
                        "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                          Good thing I'm not in GB anymore.

I'm sick. So sick. Anyone want to start a collection for me to get a mental health screening?
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Its been pretty rainy and windy for the past few days here in indianapolis. The temp has risen today and it makes me nervous.
                            A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
                            Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Working...
                            X