This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up an appointment with a new mental health counselor

Back in October 2011 I had to go on Zoloft for anxiety and depression for the following reasons...
    • stress where I was working at *As of 2012 I no longer work there*
    • the birth control pill, which I stopped taking in 2011
    • a former female friend of my husband *she caused problems in our relationship, but she has been out of the picture since 2013*
    • receiving a write up at work for something I had no control over

I saw two counselors... one in October and one beginning in 2012. The counselor I began seeing in 2012 noticed that I was doing much better, and she asked me if I wanted to be slowly weaned off of Zoloft at that time. I did not due to my husband *who was my boyfriend at that time* female friend. So she put me on a maintenance dosage.

I continued seeing her until she left her practice because she was going on maternity leave. That was in 2013. She never returned. I was enrolled in a low income healthcare plan because I was not eligible for healthcare benefits where I worked at since I was working less than 35 hours a week.

I was able to find a full-time position through my employer in 2013. I received benefits the end of 2013. Once I received benefits, I started seeing a doctor at a clinic located near where I work. She was made aware of the fact that I was taking Zoloft and the reasons why I was. She asked me if I wanted to be weaned off of it. I let her know that at some point that I wanted that to happen.

She advised me to continue seeing a counselor. The problem I had was finding one who will return my phone calls. Money was also a problem at that time.

But it is not a problem now. When leaving a message for a counselor, what should I say? I want to find the right fit.

I'd go with just the facts. You're on Zoloft for anxiety and depression, are looking to be weaned off it, and your doctor suggested you find a counselor. You can get into the reasons for all of it when you talk to them in person.
    Random Doctor Who quote:
    "I'm sorry about your coccyx, too, Miss Grant."

I has a gallery: deviantART gallery.
    I also has a "funny" blog: Aqu Improves Her Craft

Comment

Yeah going in with basically your previous information and the game plan should be all you need.

Mind you I'm sure you've heard it before but coming off of antidepressants that are treating a legitimate chemical issue may cause it to resurface. I'm glad things have gotten better to where you feel you can go without the medication!

Comment

Working...
      X