This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming out behind

Hope all the hissyfit drama was worth it, lady.

I walked into a taqueria near my apartment in search of carne asada nachos (now happily making themselves at home in my stomach), and there was a prior customer still at the counter.

She claimed she'd been shortchanged (tendered a $20, only got change for a $10). She also seemed incapable of shutting up to let the manager hear the cashier's side. Manager did settle the issue by giving her a $10 bill out of the register.

Ms. Hissyfit then pushed the container with her order in it back at the staff, snarling at them "Keep it" and stormed out.

OK, so if she did tender a $20, she got the appropriate change, but not the food she admitted she paid for, since she decided drama was the priority. If she'd only tendered a $10 to begin with, she maybe got a free soda out of the deal. Either way, she wasted about four people worth of time (her own, two employees, and another customer waiting to order), wasted the food that had been prepared and served when she decided to shove it back, and made at least two peoples' day a bit worse.

Really worth it?
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

So she ended up LOSING $10 because she didn't keep the food??? WTF? Someone's off their meds.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Or just seriously stupid and really wanting some drama.
      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Or trying to pass a counterfeit $20?

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          Someone's off their meds.
          Or on the wrong kind
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
            Manager did settle the issue by giving her a $10 bill out of the register.
            Wrong on the manager's part. At that point, you pull the drawer and count it. I've done that before. Had a SC contend that they were short-changed, so I pulled the register, and counted it. It was dead even. SC tried to protest, but didn't succeed, and left.
            Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

My reaction to the thread title, "Coming out behind"...

"Ermagerd! My ass is gay!"
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Whereas l read that as 'Asda nachos'... and thought they've gone downmarket...
                The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Working...
                X