This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delusions of fame ...

I was sort of a witness to this, and this sort of thing is why I never want to be in management.

Customers at my store can order items and pay for them at time of order but "PL" -- Pick Up Later. You need to bring your receipt in order to pick up your purchases OR provide some form of ID.

SC - you know who
    MOD - Manager on Duty

All I saw was an angry customer and an associate who says to somebody that SC wanted to talk to a manager. Enter MOD. Next thing I hear is a very heated conversation that includes the line "EVERYBODY HERE KNOWS ME!!!" And I look at the guy and think "I don't know you ..."

You can likely guess the story, which I was told later. Guy came in, demanded his purchases ... but had lost his receipt. So of course he was asked for some ID.

But SC was having none of it. That's when he started ranting that he's here "every day" and "everybody knows me" so "I shouldn't have to give you my ID" and blah and blah and blah.

Oh, and the reason he's here every day? He's a contractor.

So you're a contractor, and yet you don't know enough to keep track of your receipts, or, failing that, show them some ID? You know, just so we don't hand off your goods to anybody who comes in and lays claim to them ...

Anyway, the MOD was having none of it, telling him that he needed to provide SOME kind of ID (or the receipt) to take possession of his stuff.

SC snarls "THANK YOU" and storms out the door.

His purchase? A pallet full of flooring, so there's a fair bit of cash tied up there. So Mr. Precious can either find the damn receipt, come down off his high horse and provide some ID ... or lose quite a bit of money.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Assuming (always dangerous around here), of course, that this guy isn't trying to scam, he sounds like one of those nitwit kids who try to buy beer/cigs while underage.

If I were going to try to scam a load of materials, I'd at least have some sort of company letterhead/signage/card to make the story believable. Going in with nothing but an aggressive attitude rarely ends well.

Comment

Anyone want to bet that he doesn't have an ID as his license was suspended? I'll also bet he was driving himself.
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
        Anyone want to bet that he doesn't have an ID as his license was suspended? I'll also bet he was driving himself.
        I don't bet on sure losers.
        This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
        my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
          Anyone want to bet that he doesn't have an ID as his license was suspended? ....
          Or that he was just as obnoxious on his weekend barcrawl and was forced to eat his ID.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Looks like we've got delusions of adequacy here as well.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

My bet is his boss ordered him to buy it but hasn't told him that he lost the receipt or that he has a lost/suspended license.
              I'm tolerant of everyone and everything except for assholes. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                Looks like we've got delusions of adequacy here as well.
                True, but he has inadequate delusions.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

At least it wasn't delusions of grandeur.

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
                    SD's right, this is a sucker bet.
                    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                    X