This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Impressions

I'm spreading the relevant posts from my experience on my first IT contract last night, this one is how deceiving first impressions can be. I was given instructions of to come business casual as I represent the client.... NO JEANS, SNEAKERS, T-SHIRTS. anyone not following that will be instantly sent home

I meet our lead and someone from client, professional dressed. Then come in other contractors. One dress business casual like me the other, jeans, pretty much t-shirt as wasn't quite a polo and boots. I thought, thanks for playing this guy is going home, they let him stay, hilarity ensued.

The jeans guy smoked us and well, was more prepared, jeans don't show toner that broke like my khakis do. Had the right attitude about work we were doing. And well other guy, just because you can dress professional doesn't mean you can ACT PROFESSIONAL. By the end of the night I saw why even with a month more experience than his CW OG mentioned OG got laid off replaced.
    I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

One of the things I like best about my job - the dress code. Most anything goes as long as there is nothing too immodest or rude. Coworker came in basically in pajamas the other day...I may just do that later this week And yeah, I'd rather work with the people in the cutoffs and flip flops than most of the suits any day.
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
      Coworker came in basically in pajamas the other day
      I work in a bike jersey, though I have to wear scrubs over the bike shorts, though if I wear longer bike tights on a colder day I'm golden....
      Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

We've got a very lax dress code as well. If you see someone in a suit, they're either meeting a big customer externally, or there's a funeral involved. I've made that mistake a couple of times.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
        X