This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas stuff already? Oh jeez

Today I was in the back room looking for some bath and beauty stuff to pull so I could go back on the floor, when I moved aside 2 boxes, I found 3 huge boxes wrapped in plastic with huge signs on them saying "Christmas".

Then I realized it's June and we start making room for our Christmas supplies to stock the shelves with by September. It made me nauseous just thinking about it.

The swamp's Christmas stuff should start trickling in by around this time next month.

From now until December we're gonna be busy with freight. It's a crime to be dealing with Back to School and then Christmas stuff back to back. We just got in our first real big shipment of school supplies on yesterday's truck.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I agree Irv. Our school supplies are slowly coming in too. Just more shit that will be takiing over the store in the coming months.

Comment

What disturbs me is that they wouldn't send this gear to you unless it actually sold.

Well, in theory anyway. Does it just sit there for three months before starting to move or what?

Rapscallion

Comment

Nope. It sits for a month or a little more. Then it gets put up after Back to School is over.

Our Christmas stuff comes in two waves. First is all the lights, trees, ornaments, and decorative crap. Then after Halloween comes cards, gift wrap, bags and boxes, gift tags, some outdoor decorative stuff, linens and other stuff. There's too much of it for me to remember.

Comment

I hear you guys. Most of the fabric manufacturers start emailing about their new Christmas lines in May, and start stocking stores soon after. I've already purchased all of my Christmas fabric for the year and need to get started making quilts. *sigh*
            https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

The funny thing is, the sooner we put the Christmas stuff out, it does sell in dribs and drabs, alot of our Christmas is repack from last year, so when new stuff comes in people grab it up as soon as its put out. Back to school we put out in August and that shit flies off the shelves.

Comment

Ok school is just letting out....and they have back to school already? holy jeeeesus. And I don't even want to think about Christmas...it's not even summer warm here yet for fuck's sake.
                https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth Thatgirl71 View Post
                  I agree Irv. Our school supplies are slowly coming in too. Just more shit that will be takiing over the store in the coming months.
                  We're due to have our BTS crap, er stuff, coming in soon as well.

Groceries stores get flooded with that mess . . . I've still got markers left over from 5 years ago when the last girl who did the HBA got them in with BTS forceouts. :facepalm:

And I finally got 4 totes of BTS stuff and 3 milks crates cleared out about a month ago b/c they had been pulled by the reset team (not in planogram) and it's been marked down and put out into large bins that Nature Boy set up for us to use to clear out a boatload of crap pulled when the entire store was reset for CAO (which went live today.)

And even worse: my BTS section hasn't been marked by the red sticker for reset yet. . . so I don't know yet what's getting pulled out and what's getting worked in on top of the other stuff we're expecting soon (I'm guessing around the week of the 4th of July will be when the BTS stuff starts shipping out) and we have Inventory coming up in late July.

Send wine . . . lots of it . . .and if I get lost in that little walk in closet that we use to secure high theft backstock, grab a shovel and start digging.
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I can certainly see the BTS stuff being put out early. I got the lists for my kids' supply lists for next year, so it's good to comparison shop now when stores actually have stuff to sell.

Comment

Oh ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

It's not even officially summer yet! (Yes I go by the solstice) And they're looking at Back to School....and...Christmas???
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I've always said to co-workers that if the first Christmas stuff isn't in by the end of June and the first bit of it isn't set by July 4th, it's late. The new ones laugh like I'm crazy, then see the look on my face [deadpan look, eyebrow raised] -- they soon realize that I'm NOT joking.
                        Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Christmas stuff already? Wow, they want you to start fartin glitter early this year lol j/k
                          Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

Then the earlier they get stuff the earlier they can tell you that days off will not be granted.

Last year, there was this memo from Malmart corporate that NO time off requested after August (or was it September?) would be granted because of BTS and Christmas.
                            My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

No time off after August or September? That's nuts. By me we don't get into blacking out vacations until November.

Comment

Working...
                              X